+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nottingham forest(home)predictions

So many positives tonight with not many negatives.
    We looked very good going forward,just lacking the killer instinct required to mount a challenge.
    Gallagher I really dont expect to start on Saturday,Graham didnt look miles better either.
    Dack looked majestic on occasions and down right lazy and uninterested on others.
    The rest of the team looked great including Armstrong who looked a class act
    Now if only he did that every game.
    Holtbys great cameo along with a good spell by rothwell,should be making dack glance over his shoulder now as he has hit a slight slump.
    Who to play up front though?Gallagher isn't good enough and Graham isn't his usual pain in the arse for defenders
    Samuel looks off the pace and Armstrong looks more effective from the wing.

I've been thinking for a while that Graham and, especially, Dack do not fit in to our new style if play. Back in particular offers very little at anytime unless he scores.
    We now have other options in midfield, let's use them.
    Armstrong had a great game today.

Dack not back ffs

I believe football has been designed by a malicious god to make fools of us.
    Talk about chalk and cheese.
    Where did TM find the two people who impersonated Armstrong and Downing on Saturday? I think we should be told.
    Dack frustrates me! One or two brilliant moments, but why does he decide to run back and get in the way of the midfielders who are looking for him as an outlet further forward?!!
    I didn't get to watch this until mid-afternoon in NZ, but I felt quite bucked by the second half. That last twenty minutes had me on the edge of the seat.
    There's been a bit of criticism surrounding their goal, but - let's be honest - if Dack had scored that, we wouldn't be talking about a defensive lapse!

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I've been thinking for a while that Graham and, especially, Dack do not fit in to our new style if play. Back in particular offers very little at anytime unless he scores.
    We now have other options in midfield, let's use them.
    Armstrong had a great game today.
    Seventwo - it beats me how Armstrong can vary so much from game to game.
    I don't like knee-jerk reactions, and you have to say the player who marked Graham was excellent, but I must admit I would be tempted to start Samuel at the weekend, with Armstrong and Dack playing as twin No.10s.
    The trouble is, I'd like to fit all of the following into the team as well: Travis, Holtby, Johnson, Downing, Rothwell, Chapman.
    That doesn't leave much room for defenders, though!

Hmm, I don't think we can enjoy the "luxury" of Dack and Armstrong in the same team.
    I'd like to see us try Rothwell and Holtby for a few weeks.

I'm now officially concerned about Gallagher. Not sure where he will fit in. Graham did nothing. Dack did even less.
    Gallagher isn't a right winger, like Brereton wasn't. And that destroyed him until around Easter. And he never recovered. There was no point buying him, and playing him so wrong. And asking him to be DG. Which he isn't. SG isn't a pacey winger. Asking him to play there isn't fair. He will be ruined soon.
    This system we rely on, that's not working, only works with Dack and DG. I feel both have been way off the mark all season long. Both need dropping imo. Holtby was the only decent thing on another poor night, in a game we should have win with ease, vrs a side who turned up uninterested, who had one shot

Oh and Armstrong. He actually looked better last night. And more direct. We looked better without Johnson who is too one paced. I again struggled to see where any creativity came from in midfield. Downing tak4s way way way too many touches, which slows our play down. And is too cautious. He is just a steady player. His calmness will come in handy if we need to see a game out. Will he unlock a side with a killer pass? Not so sure that's his game. Holtby has to be a better bet. We have ok forward players, who should be causing havoc. Defenders seem to have such an easy day vrs us. We aren't opening sides up. Our play in midfield is too slow and methodical.

Come on, Champs - that is over the top!
    They had a limited number of shots because we defended well. Why on earth would they be "uninterested" when a win would have taken them to the top?
    A poor night? Which game were you watching? The forwards were disappointing, apart from Armstrong, but the rest of the team played well.
    Their keeper had a really good match as well.
    To me, your post seems cynical for the sake of it!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Come on, Champs - that is over the top!
    They had a limited number of shots because we defended well. Why on earth would they be "uninterested" when a win would have taken them to the top?
    A poor night? Which game were you watching? The forwards were disappointing, apart from Armstrong, but the rest of the team played well.
    Their keeper had a really good match as well.
    To me, your post seems cynical for the sake of it!

Other than the goal, when did they have a shot Auks? I'm struggling to think of all these shots? Perhaps you can remind me of all of this? I must've watched another game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)