+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Please can we drop Bartley

Glad we looked more solid with Hegazi than Bartley

Think him and Ajayi deserve a few games together

Problem is i think that the Sawyers ban means more pressure for the CBs

We completely controlled the game and made Bristol look pretty poor. Stacey North and Gary Strodder would of kept a clean sheet yesterday ,so the jury still out on Hegazi.

He looked a shocker for the cross that was a close miss

I’m not saying he’s a VVD but he’s better at reading the game than Bartley and Ajayi

Thought Hegazi played very well yesterday and had a good partnership with Ajayi which I think will only get better the more they play together

Also thought Harper played well and Perriera was quiet in comparison to other games and we still made lots of chances which is a good sign.

Lets keep it up and I would like us to put out a strong team against Newcastle, lets keep the run going

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Thought Hegazi played very well yesterday and had a good partnership with Ajayi which I think will only get better the more they play together

Also thought Harper played well and Perriera was quiet in comparison to other games and we still made lots of chances which is a good sign.

Lets keep it up and I would like us to put out a strong team against Newcastle, lets keep the run going
    Got to agree, they are 6th in the league and didn't have a sniff.

Everyone seems at it and it would be harsh to drop anyone from last nights game, Harper included.

Don't agree with you about the cup though, I would play our reserves. We're not going to win it, so I'd rather just put all of our eggs in one basket and try and get promoted as soon as possible. And give some of the players on the periphery who did so well at West Ham another chance.

We can give all of the payers a rest and still play a strong team.

11 not playing last night

Bond. Furlong, Gibbs, O'Shea, Bartley, Brunt, Barry, Harper (hardly played) Phillips, Diangana, Austin.

No placed for Peltier, cup tied Grosiki, Edwards or record signing Zohore. Where in the Champioship do you reckon that side might finish?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Got to agree, they are 6th in the league and didn't have a sniff.

Everyone seems at it...........give some of the players on the periphery who did so well at West Ham another chance.
    Fun fact number one, five of the team who started against West Ham started against Preston (Townsend, Hegazi, Ajayi, O'Shea and Krovinovic). Fun fact number two, two of our other starters versus West Ham (Phillips and Austin) came on as subs against Preston. Fun fact number three, two of our three January signings (Grosicki and Robinson) are Cup tied. Fun fact number four, Barry started against West Ham and was on the bench for the Preston game. For Harper see the reverse. Our 'periphery' players are very much part of our active squad. If fit and available I'd be tempted to start with the following team:

Bond

Furlong O'Shea Hegazi Townsend

Harper Barry

Phillips Krovinovic Edwards

Austin

We can switch to 4-3-3 with Edwards and Phillips pushing on when required. This can change to 4-5-1 when defending or 4-4-1-1 with Krovinovic off Austin during transitions.

Bench: Al Habsi, Peltier (unused sub for Cardiff v Carlisle), Bartley, Brunt (covers Barry and Townsend), Livermore, Tulloch and Zohore.

Much as I love to see Pereira I think I'd give him the night off following a busy post Christmas schedule in often foul weather. Harsh on Fitzgerald perhaps and I'd be tempted to replace Bartley on the bench. As for Zohore HRK must be getting pretty knackered by now. We pay him, so use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Fun fact number one, five of the team who started against West Ham started against Preston (Townsend, Hegazi, Ajayi, O'Shea and Krovinovic). Fun fact number two, two of our other starters versus West Ham (Phillips and Austin) came on as subs against Preston. Fun fact number three, two of our three January signings (Grosicki and Robinson) are Cup tied. Fun fact number four, Barry started against West Ham and was on the bench for the Preston game. For Harper see the reverse. Our 'periphery' players are very much part of our active squad. If fit and available I'd be tempted to start with the following team:

Bond

Furlong O'Shea Hegazi Townsend

Harper Barry

Phillips Krovinovic Edwards

Austin

We can switch to 4-3-3 with Edwards and Phillips pushing on when required. This can change to 4-5-1 when defending or 4-4-1-1 with Krovinovic off Austin during transitions.

Bench: Al Habsi, Peltier (unused sub for Cardiff v Carlisle), Bartley, Brunt (covers Barry and Townsend), Livermore, Tulloch and Zohore.

Much as I love to see Pereira I think I'd give him the night off following a busy post Christmas schedule in often foul weather. Harsh on Fitzgerald perhaps and I'd be tempted to replace Bartley on the bench. As for Zohore HRK must be getting pretty knackered by now. We pay him, so use him.

I'd go;

Bond
    Furlong, O'Shea, Bartley, Peltier
    Brunt, Barry
    Edwards, Harper, Philips
    Austin

Note to self:

It's Fitzwater not Fitzgerald, sorry Jack.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I'd go;

Bond
    Furlong, O'Shea, Bartley, Peltier
    Brunt, Barry
    Edwards, Harper, Philips
    Austin
    Not for the the first time you've got your left and right wingers mixed up. Only joking. I'll come back on the other stuff when I have more time. Friday Night Club beckons.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)