+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Široki Brijeg v Aberdeen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    20 goals plus a season for 3 years or so is pretty decent for 'normally doing nothing'.

Have you forgotten when our 'strikers' would struggle to get 12 goals a season!
    Exactly,someone said on here the other day he is our best striker since Shearer who also did little of note apart from score.Bit before my time but I've been told Harper was the same.

Rooneys 77 goals have won us a hell of a lot of games,I would rather have a striker who scores goals than one who contributes other skills but doesn't score as much.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Exactly,someone said on here the other day he is our best striker since Shearer who also did little of note apart from score.Bit before my time but I've been told Harper was the same.

Rooneys 77 goals have won us a hell of a lot of games,I would rather have a striker who scores goals than one who contributes other skills but doesn't score as much.
    It's not a put down on Rooney. This game will need a plan that does not play to his strengths.

We need a lone striker up front towin the ball in the air , and lay it off to our other players . It also needs a lone striker who is mobile and can hold the ball up on the ground ,and again bring our supporting players into the game.

That's not Rooney'a game. And that's why he didn't start against Rijeka away. Goodwillie did.

And now we have Stocklwy and Maynard to try and provide us with that .

And you'll probably see the same against Celtic too. If we still play a lone striker .

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

It's not a put down on Rooney. This game will need a plan that does not play to his strengths.

We need a lone striker up front towin the ball in the air , and lay it off to our other players . It also needs a lone striker who is mobile and can hold the ball up on the ground ,and again bring our supporting players into the game.

That's not Rooney'a game. And that's why he didn't start against Rijeka away. Goodwillie did.

And now we have Stocklwy and Maynard to try and provide us with that .

And you'll probably see the same against Celtic too. If we still play a lone striker .
    I can't disagree with that,there are games where we need something more than Rooney can offer.Not sure about Maynard McInnes said he is similar to Rooney in he will score if you give him a chance and by Thursday night he doesn't seem like he will offer more than that.

Just think some people are being harsh on Rooney because he offers nothing apart from his goal scoring. Yet for 20 odd years every one has been complaining we don't have a goal scorer in the team

Leave McLean at home and we've got a real chance.

Otherwise we've got a poof in midfield.

For me McLean was the gayest midfielder in the village!!!! Last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Leave McLean at home and we've got a real chance.

Otherwise we've got a poof in midfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    For me McLean was the gayest midfielder in the village!!!! Last Thursday.
    I'm going to put this down as a generational thing.
    Its pretty sad to see this kind of homophobic attitudes in this day and age

Whats with the Mclean hatred im seeing on this thread?

McLean was easily one of our best players last season and just because he has had an off game last week (as did many other players i hasten to add), he should be left at home? Im sorry, but this has nothing to with his ability and everything to do with the so called links to the huns. He maybe did have a poor game, but his reaction after being subbed suggested to me he was raging with himself. Cut him some slack, because he is undoubtedly going to be very important for us this season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

McLean was easily one of our best players last season and just because he has had an off game last week (as did many other players i hasten to add), he should be left at home? Im sorry, but this has nothing to with his ability and everything to do with the so called links to the huns. He maybe did have a poor game, but his reaction after being subbed suggested to me he was raging with himself. Cut him some slack, because he is undoubtedly going to be very important for us this season!!
    I agree.
    In addition, I saw plenty of effort (especially the first half), it was just not coming off.
    In the second (especially after Maynard came on for GMS), he was playing a different role.

Lets be positive, a good result on Thursday leaves us with a cracking tie with the aim of progression to QR4.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Rightly or wrongly he has now been tarnished with an association to deadco so for many folk out there he now has a target on his back.

Also some folk need someone to moan about now that Jack and McGinn have chuffed off.

It wasn't long ago that he was being spoken about as a £1.5 million plus player so one game in is a tad harsh to write him off.
    Last edited by WatsonNimrod; 17-07-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Rightly or wrongly he has now been tarnished with an association to deadco so for many folk out there he now has a target on his back.

Also some folk need someone to moan about now that Jack and McGinn have chuffed off.

It wasn't long ago that he was being spoken about as a £1.5 million plus player so one game in is a tad harsh to write him off.
    Should have left in your old last line. I liked it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast