+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thuz no logic to it burra just can't tek to Johnson. Watching him last neet with his collar turned up and scarf set at a jaunty angle doing silly finger/ hand gestures made me cringe. The laiked o'reyt but Man City cudda ed five or six.
    The time spent on that Altrincham terrace p1ss wet through and he cuddn't even be arsed to acknowledge us at the end is still burnt in my mind.
    That was one of my all time lows at Altrincham. Just stood there in disbelief, motionless and soaked and frozen to the bone .

Hes a smarmy get int he , with his clothes and patter . I didn’t like him

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Spot on Animal. Couldn't have put it better myself. We joke about what time I leave matches. However, during his tenure I was that depressed watching us seemingly go down the toilet I was leaving early every week.
    I’d have him back

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Like his team , he remains a swarmy odious tw@t as far as I'm concerned .
    Exactly Animal and this might sound a bit naff, but its something I wont ever change my mind on either, my dislike towards the slimy little git.
    Some neutral fans on here might say hes doing well now at a better and bigger club etc. (and this is obviously comparing us negatively there).
    But as you say he/Johnson was very lucky to keep his job here and remember he also took Bristol on an appalling run of losses as well last season and apparently he came very close to the sack there. Bear in mind he was given a bigger and better budget there and had it not been for Tammy Abraham's goals, they would have gone down last season.
    Last edited by Acido; 13-01-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Acido, he’s spent money, but some thought he would fold at BC after Abraham went.
    He has actually, very much kicked them on...... yes, spent money... but kicked on.
    If we kick on as much, and with Hecky, I’ll be made up.

Some say... (ala Clarkson)
    that he set up the team that Hecky is famous for.......
    Hopefully with some money behind him, Hecky will prove it’s him that’s the talented one.

And if you say that “Johnson had success with a plan, that was done with players He didn’t buy the players at Oakwell, ( it was James/EASPORTS etc) then explain which EA sports/JamesCryne system has made it happen again?..

I can’t stand him either. He was lucky, as you say to keep his job here..... But he seems to be building a successful team again, and we can’t deny that he set us rolling..... Maybe the powers that be at our club can spot Managerial talent as good as young, raw player talent...
    Let’s hope so.

He might be building brilliantly at Bristol Jules, and Im afraid I cant disagree with that as much as I want to.
    BUT, I still go back to him being very lucky to keep his job here and Id like to know what the appeal was to us appointing him, when he was at Oldham and they were Lg One play off wannabes at best.

Bristol City use the same system of signing players . They try to target under 24s and have a stat based recruitment team. Difference is they will bring in the odd older player if they think necessary

That’s why we’re always linked to the same players and they’re always linked to signing our players

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Exactly Animal and this might sound a bit naff, but its something I wont ever change my mind on either, my dislike towards the slimy little git.
    Some neutral fans on here might say hes doing well now at a better and bigger club etc. (and this is obviously comparing us negatively there).
    But as you say he/Johnson was very lucky to keep his job here and remember he also took Bristol on an appalling run of losses as well last season and apparently he came very close to the sack there. Bear in mind he was given a bigger and better budget there and had it not been for Tammy Abraham's goals, they would have gone down last season.

Give managers/head coaches a chance and support them through periods of uncertainty and most of the time it pays dividends. What you say about hecky is look at 2017 as a whole and results have been poor. However, you have to factor in certain things like turnover of players.

Johnson has not had the rug pulled from under his feet so to speak, hecky has. Johnson has been allowed to build on the foundation he had in place from last season without the collateral damage we suffered. Big difference there acido not to mention their superior budget.

If we survive this season then surely we'll have a few things to build on, that is assuming there's no mass exodus again. Surely hecky deserves that amount of time to see what he can do before there's talk about sacking him. I wonder where we'll be and what we'll be saying this time next year?

This time next year Pass I'll still be thinking the same I can't stand THE DWARF he is Sh+ t and always will be in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    This time next year Pass I'll still be thinking the same I can't stand THE DWARF he is Sh+ t and always will be in my mind

Fair do mate me n all but the question I posed was about where we'll be and what we'll be saying this time next yr

Sorry mate but when that guys name just gets mentioned I go into an instant rage such is my contempt for him its a good job I never met him

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast