+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnason

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If you’re not aware of his strengths & weaknesses by now, you never will be. He’s been here a while now
    I am aware

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    His weakness is the weaknesses of everyone else not watching the third men.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 18.42.47.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  20.7 KB

Not sure why this thread is about Considine, but ok.

People hate on Considine and I don't think he is the best of all possible defenders. BUT. You knew that word was coming. I have been watching Aberdeen since the 60's and believe me (or don't) we have had MUCH worse defenders than Considine.

Like all players he has his good side and bad side. How many defenders score winners against Celtic? How many defenders score a hat trick for us? We don't have the biggest budget so we take what we can afford, and we can afford him. Mostly he is a decent player.

I sometimes wonder at the way people think on here. Are you expecting us to obtain Messi, Ronaldo et al? I often see "not of the required quality". We once had one of the world's greatest managers when he was still on his way up. We punched wayyy above our weight then. He left and we have never been near there again. It is unlikely we will any time soon. So support the players we have and stop dreaming of us getting world class players. We may occasionally but it will be a rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post

People hate on Considine and I don't think he is the best of all possible defenders. BUT. You knew that word was coming. I have been watching Aberdeen since the 60's and believe me (or don't) we have had MUCH worse defenders than Considine.

Like all players he has his good side and bad side. How many defenders score winners against Celtic? How many defenders score a hat trick for us? We don't have the biggest budget so we take what we can afford, and we can afford him. Mostly he is a decent player.

I sometimes wonder at the way people think on here. Are you expecting us to obtain Messi, Ronaldo et al? I often see "not of the required quality". We once had one of the world's greatest managers when he was still on his way up. We punched wayyy above our weight then. He left and we have never been near there again. It is unlikely we will any time soon. So support the players we have and stop dreaming of us getting world class players. We may occasionally but it will be a rare occurrence.
    Stark realism is a defining condition of a happy clapper diagnosis.

Agreed.
    And on that basis Arnason is good enough for Aberdeen. The B.S. coaching lesson can hopefully be dropped now along with thè piss taking replies.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Agreed.
    And on that basis Arnason is good enough for Aberdeen. The B.S. coaching lesson can hopefully be dropped now along with thè piss taking replies.

You don't need to have been watching Aberdeen longer than a year to know we have worse defenders than Considine.

Maybe we shouldn't look for better than Considine then, so we don't spoil future generations. Aim low.

Unless it's Panama, if we signed some defender playing at the world cup we would all be cock-a-hoop. So whilst the Arnason deal didn't work out the way I hoped, he's definitely good enough for us.

If Considine had cost us the amount of goals that Logan and Arnason did last season there would be fuds on here bleating about it for years afterwards.

Logan's p1ss poor season appears to be forgotten about by some just because he got himself sent off for winding up some minks.

If Ferguson is as good as DM says he is then Shinnie could eventually be moved back to LB but at the moment our RB is more of a concern.

RB is the one position I never worry about. It’s the easiest position to play on the pitch & every single pro footballer should be able to do it

RB is the one position I never worry about. It’s the easiest position to play on the pitch & every single pro footballer should be able to do it
    To a point but...Sigma Olonuc?

The application of said rationale has filled my nightmares with the memories of Stuart Duff and Derek Young trying to fill the position.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast