+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good food

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    The ones with black pudding through them? They were indeed rather choice.

I'd also send you along Barclay Street to JG Ross. Their Premnay butteries are spellbinding.
    I've heard nowt about a black pudding ( and if we're talking black pudding, I'll direct you a fair distance North-West to Stornoway) hybrid version, though I'm prepared to be convinced.

I'm a twenty-seven year ex-pat of the Riviera so I'm nae fully au fait with contemporary happenings.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I've heard nowt about a black pudding ( and if we're talking black pudding, I'll direct you a fair distance North-West to Stornoway) hybrid version, though I'm prepared to be convinced.

I'm a twenty-seven year ex-pat of the Riviera so I'm nae fully au fait with contemporary happenings.
    Was a while ago. I'm banned from eating black pudding now. I think they still do them though. I'll pop in by the morn and see.

butteries.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I rest my case.
    To be fair "Premnay butteries" are the official name. Think it's a toon near Insch. Taste and texture wise they're bloody close to an Aitken's rowie 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    To be fair "Premnay butteries" are the official name. Think it's a toon near Insch. Taste and texture wise they're bloody close to an Aitken's rowie ��
    Rowies were invented in Aberdeen. It was the fishermens choice of food as the didnt go off due to the amount of fat on them. Perfect for the long trips at sea as normal bread goes stale too quick

So if Premnay are claiming the buttery (its a f@cking rowie for the record) they are full of pish

A certain poster loves them too

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/...en-rowies/amp/

County town of Kincardine.

Aye......Kincardineshire.

You can take your fu ck ing Aberdeenshire and insert it gently into your rectum.
    And they can do the same with “Moray” - that’s Elgin, and its Detroitian hybridism of minted posh ****s and dregs of society zoomer minkers. Tomintoul’s nae in Moray, nor is Keith. And “Banff, Aberdeenshire” frilliuvafuuck? Portsoy Banffshire is the home of Donald’s bakery that hand-crafts Proper Mannies’ oatcakes (ie breid) and their butteries are among the best.

Since Aitken’s fell foul of noncery, a near-acceptable toon alternative is Thain’s rolls, which have the desired hertburn-inducing quantities of high octane grease and the crispy consistency of gravel crushed under a Banffshire road-mender’s Red Wing 3208 boot.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Portsoy Banffshire is the home of Donald’s bakery that hand-crafts Proper Mannies’ oatcakes (ie breid) and their butteries are among the best.

I am partial to a decent oatcake. Ill have to pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Rowies were invented in Aberdeen. It was the fishermens choice of food as the didnt go off due to the amount of fat on them. Perfect for the long trips at sea as normal bread goes stale too quick

So if Premnay are claiming the buttery (its a f@cking rowie for the record) they are full of pish

A certain poster loves them too

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/...en-rowies/amp/
    No no you misunderstood. 'Premnay butteries' is the name of a buttery made for JG Ross's bakery. They are bloody delicious.

For me they are rowies. It's not without exceptions but largely us toonsers call them rowies and country bumpkins call them butteries.

One of the most notable exceptions is the "Aberdeen buttery company" based up in Northfield. Buggered if I know why they chose to flout the 'rules' like that. Does my head in when their van goes past. What sort of Aberdonian uses the word buttery 😠

Sounds likes the potteries version?

I only eat the proper traditional flat hard wedge shaped things. Scrumptious with cheese spread.

Packaged (in plastic, so I'll have a green word) just as they come from the oven. formed as triangles, one would suppose but there's nary an equilateral, Isosceles nor right-angled among them. Thickness varies from hun-on-Mastermind to depth-of-Traynor's-morality. Crumblier than a a LSC title challenge and tastier than a Roberto Bisconti tackle.

Excellent buttered with cherry tomatas and grapes to counteract breid's inherent dryness, perhaps crumbled into yer ma's tattie soup*, or with Proper Mannies' stovies.

* rules strictly applied
    Name:  soup_making_x2.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  83.0 KB
    Last edited by 57vintage; 26-08-2019 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Huns are ****s

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast