+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Basingstoke Red & Red John, no surprise but you didn't answer my question.

You will no double be aware that in our 115 year history that Aberdeen have only won the league 4 times.

Also, in the last 54 years, the cheeks have won the league every year apart from 4 years.

Also in the last 33 years, the cheeks have won the league each year.

Whilst as a fan, we can always hope that this year will be our year. However I don't think we should ridicule McInnes for failing to do what only 2 managers have achieved in our 115 year history.

So I'll ask again, which manager do you think could have improved on McInnes' record of 4 runners up, given Celtic's vastly superior financial position.

I look forward to your smart arse replies.
    Zinedine Zidane

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Mondo,

Apologies, you're right. I should have known better and this was proved by their replies.

I honestly think that these are the two most deluded fans that we have - and that's saying something.

Mondo,

Apologies, you're right. I should have known better and this was proved by their replies.

I honestly think that these are the two most deluded fans that we have - and that's saying something.
    I'm the worst at biting. Red D ong will never engage with you. He just claims its humorous banter. I'm still waiting for the first thing remotely funny to pop up on my screen
    I think hes in his late thirties with specks and still lives with his mum and his favourite tv program is Not Going Out. I've given up arguing with him for now. He is not worth it.
    I.don't think Basey actually exists and is just another poster thinking he is being funny. A sort of Andy Kaufmann Tony Ferrino or whatever the fuc k he called himself sort of thing only not as funny and almost as annoying

Basingstoke Red & Red John, no surprise but you didn't answer my question.

You will no double be aware that in our 115 year history that Aberdeen have only won the league 4 times.

Also, in the last 54 years, the cheeks have won the league every year apart from 4 years.

Also in the last 33 years, the cheeks have won the league each year.

Whilst as a fan, we can always hope that this year will be our year. However I don't think we should ridicule McInnes for failing to do what only 2 managers have achieved in our 115 year history.

So I'll ask again, which manager do you think could have improved on McInnes' record of 4 runners up, given Celtic's vastly superior financial position.

I look forward to your smart arse replies.
    Furthermore:

3 of the times we won the league we were managed by a guy many regard as the greatest British manager of all time.

However, Rangers were a basket case (the 4th best team in the country below Dundee United) and Celtic's financial advantage over us was marginal.

Despite that, during Fergie's period here Celtic won the title 4 times to our 3.

In short, with a relatively small financial advantage, Celtic won more titles than the greatest manager in our history and one of the greats in world football history.

Now the financial gulf is colossal. Celtic no longer have about 120% of our budget, they have anywhere between 600% and 1000% of our budget.

It's a persistent fantasy of many on this board that a little bit more ambition and risk taking and we'd be challenging for the title. Miracles can happen, but the only thing that's ever going to win us the title in current circumstances is being the luckiest team in the history of the game. The idea that it's somehow under Deek or Milne's control is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Furthermore:

3 of the times we won the league we were managed by a guy many regard as the greatest British manager of all time.

However, Rangers were a basket case (the 4th best team in the country below Dundee United) and Celtic's financial advantage over us was marginal.

Despite that, during Fergie's period here Celtic won the title 4 times to our 3.

In short, with a relatively small financial advantage, Celtic won more titles than the greatest manager in our history and one of the greats in world football history.

Now the financial gulf is colossal. Celtic no longer have about 120% of our budget, they have anywhere between 600% and 1000% of our budget.

It's a persistent fantasy of many on this board that a little bit more ambition and risk taking and we'd be challenging for the title. Miracles can happen, but the only thing that's ever going to win us the title in current circumstances is being the luckiest team in the history of the game. The idea that it's somehow under Deek or Milne's control is delusional.
    I thank you sir !

Although not all b'ollocks it has to be said that Celtic's financial advantage over us has never been marginal.

How many times in one day can I be the millionth visitor?

About time we all dumped this site.

The more I read the defence of Derek McInnes the more I think a knighthood should be forthcoming in the near future. Sir Derek McInnes of Aberdeen...the greatest runner up ever.
    Now onto a bit reality, are you members of the Derek Mcinnes fan club concerned with our 1 shot on target against a 10 man team performance at the weekend? Do you honestly believe he has recruited the correct players during this window to enhance the team?
    I reckon he has made big mistakes already on the transfer front with the exception of Lewis Ferguson. We are worse off with this squad than we were last season where we won the square root of f-all. We didn’t look like winning anything last season but this season (currently) we don’t look like winning a match never mind a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Furthermore:

Thank you. Some realism at last.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    we don’t look like winning a match never mind a trophy.
    Time to change your pants Red John.
    They must be soakin.
    We’ll win on Saturday

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast