+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PNE V Clarets

PNE V Clarets

Looks like I will be taking my young grandsons from Blackpool area and haven't been there before.

Any tips welcome such as parking and likelihood of trouble.

Given its Ireland PL v Ireland Championship maybe it will be fun.

I've seen us play at Deepdale on numerous occasions OC and never a hint of bother. Coming in from Blackpool, if you turn left onto the 6241 at the lights just before Deepdale, then left on Watling St Rd, I've usually found somewhere to park down there no problem.

Anyone know if you can pay on the night, I'll be going if you can, but I'm not fannying about for a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've seen us play at Deepdale on numerous occasions OC and never a hint of bother. Coming in from Blackpool, if you turn left onto the 6241 at the lights just before Deepdale, then left on Watling St Rd, I've usually found somewhere to park down there no problem.

Anyone know if you can pay on the night, I'll be going if you can, but I'm not fannying about for a ticket.
    Thanks very much.

It's ticket only, that's what made me worry about trouble. £10 adults £5 concessions and over12 and £1 under 12 from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Thanks very much.

It's ticket only, that's what made me worry about trouble. £10 adults £5 concessions and over12 and £1 under 12 from memory.
    Cheers OC, that's me out then. Enjoy the game, will it be the first one for your grandsons ?

Yes it will be for one of them. The others have been to the Turf.
    Checked ticket link https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...pne-v-burnley/
    Says ticket only.

PNE seem to offer on the day tickets.
    https://www.pnefc.net/tickets/ticket-information/

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes it will be for one of them. The others have been to the Turf.
    Checked ticket link https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...pne-v-burnley/
    Says ticket only.

PNE seem to offer on the day tickets.
    https://www.pnefc.net/tickets/ticket-information/
    Now changed policy and you can buy tickets in the Bill Shankly ticket office before the game.

Well I expected a few attenders to be posting. My phone expired so I couldn't do an online effort.

Burnley team surprised me missing a few big names

I Heaton, Lowton, Taylor, Anderson, K Long, Brady, Gudmundsson, Westwood, Cork, Walters, Vokes.

It was a good game with both sides having chances, them at the start and after 15 mins it was mostly all Burnley. Walters got one from a Brady Free kick to go in 1-0 up at half time and Nick Pope took over at half time from Tom. We had them under control scoring a second from a Brady Corner for Kevin Long to score until the substitutions.
    on 70 mins Defour came on to chants of his name, only to be robbed and for them to score in the next minute. Thereafter PNE had more shots and came close a few times. We brought on Mee and Ward then Andre got 10 mins and Daniel 7 or so. Daniel did get a deflected shot just past the post and we also hit the post.
    Vokes and Hendrick got booked

A nice touch twice.
    NIck Pope came over at the end to present a girl he hit full in the face with a red blooded shot (near to us behind the goal in the warm up) with his shirt and a Burnley kit, he had also come over into the crowd when he did it before the game started to fans applause, and stayed for selfies and autographs so well done Nick. Pity a few more players didn't come over at the end too.

Tom Anderson was new to me and his number 34 wasn't on the programme so I've only just found out who he was. He got the full 90 so maybe he impressed Sean - he impressed me. There were around 5600 there and it looked like we had as many as them, despite the ticket chaos.

The grandchildren enjoyed it, though they had run out of coke and hot dogs by the time we made it to the counter!
    Last edited by oldcolner; 25-07-2017 at 11:00 PM.

The team

Heaton (Pope, 46), Lowton (C Long, 81), Taylor (Ward, 71), Cork (Hendrick, 64), Vokes (Gray, 81), Brady (Barnes, 71), Berg Gudmundsson (Ulvestad, 75), Westwood (Defour, 64), Walters (Agyei, 81), K Long (Mee, 64), Anderson.

Anderson the only one on for 90 mins

Goals on here

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...on-1-2-burnley

The players all look fit and well prepared oldcolner...

Brady seems to have a real sense of purpose about him too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)