+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... if you don't understand one of the major goals of the EU then god help you and all the other Remoaner mindless critters.
    Any chance of an answer to my question?

... who are these eminent people? They can't be the gravy train politicians and their economist hangers-on; neither could it be Snobhead 1 or 2. So who do you mean?

... who are these eminent people? They can't be the gravy train politicians and their economist hangers-on; neither could it be Snobhead 1 or 2. So who do you mean?
    No point in discussing with you is there? Economists, Governor of Bank of England, CBI etc. Have they, and lots of others, all made it up?

... you are referring to 'the Establishment' . What do you expect them to say - they all want to maintain the status quo - so that their cosy control of the population (you know, those who can't be trusted to make up our own minds). They certainly are not 'eminent'. Why are you so easily fooled? Do you really deny that the EU want ever closer union?

... you are referring to 'the Establishment' . What do you expect them to say - they all want to maintain the status quo - so that their cosy control of the population (you know, those who can't be trusted to make up our own minds). They certainly are not 'eminent'. Why are you so easily fooled? Do you really deny that the EU want ever closer union?
    I haven't denied it. I said I have no idea.

Now, are they all lying?

And do you really believe that the Governor of the B of E isn't eminent?

... the BOE is a government pawn. The Guv'nr does as his political master says; ie., the snake Hammond.

... if you have no idea about EU goals your opinions, to which you are entitled, are nothing more than mindless twaddle.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    No point in discussing with you is there? Economists, Governor of Bank of England, CBI etc. Have they, and lots of others, all made it up?
    The last Bank of England governor Mervyn King contradicts the present one. So you will believe the one that supports your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    This man can some it all up.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKEsyIuTrO8

genius
    Stewart Lee is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think everyone is focusing on the impact in Britain, whereas I have noticed a lack of news on the impact on the EU? For example, the Irish are going to have to pay tariffs on goods from their largest trading partner, that isn't going to help them on bit, the EU loses a massive market for their goods. It seems that France and Ireland (mainly Macron and the Irish PM) are the ones trying to scupper a deal because they are focussing on what they can swipe from London.

My proposition is, wait until the tariffs hit Ireland and its economy, German industry won't be best pleased with a no deal scenario, job loses will not help Merkel at all. The eastern European countries will also be hit as well, this will lead to pressure on France to help the euro zone which isn't going to help an already unpopular Macron. What I'm suggesting is, a no deal brexit will be felt here instantly but we can recover, trading with the rest of the world. Longer term it's going to hurt the EU big hitters hard, I'd say a year or two down the line, Merkel and Macron will be gone and it wouldn't surprise me to see the EU project start to crumble. Not because of brexit per se, but because the EU have failed to plan properly. It's a no win situation for either side but Britain will have an easier time recovering
    A divided Europe - what could possibly go wrong?

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast