+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forte

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    There are a lot of valid questions to be asked, but let's not get carried away. I don't think Alan Hardy would try to directly influence team selection, and I don't think Kevin Nolan would let him. In my view, the majority of the recruitment and retention during the summer has been questionable and I think the responsibility for that lies squarely with the manager. If anything, Hardy has trusted his judgement too much. We saw last season that Kevin Nolan is a good motivator who can lift a group of players, but the jury is still out on whether he is a good judge of players.
    I think this is a valid point. we dont know how good KN is at identifying players on the whole.

For every Jorge Grant we have a Mark Yeates , for every Shola we have Tahvon and for every Marc Bola we have a Josh Clacktone.

Hope the summer recruits have a higher success ratio

time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    I think this is a valid point. we dont know how good KN is at identifying players on the whole.

For every Jorge Grant we have a Mark Yeates , for every Shola we have Tahvon and for every Marc Bola we have a Josh Clacktone.

Hope the summer recruits have a higher success ratio

time will tell.
    Your absolutely spot on mate.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Your absolutely spot on mate.
    Tahvon ( was his surname Campbell ,I cant remember and don't really want to ) oh dear !

How come despite so many managers thinking Forte isn't good enough to play as a striker (or at all) fan's seem to think it's some sort of conspiracy against him rather than him actually just not being very good? If it was anyone else fans would use the fact that so many managers can't be wrong, yet with Forte it has to be something else?

Last season he missed countless chances even in the short playing time Nolan gave him, his finishing is not that great, he's not that quick and he's looked miserable as f*ck since Sheridan left and if we'd signed someone with his record of scoring 68 in 352 games and the ridiculous amount of loans/clubs he's had I hardly think anyone would be that pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    How come despite so many managers thinking Forte isn't good enough to play as a striker (or at all) fan's seem to think it's some sort of conspiracy against him rather than him actually just not being very good? If it was anyone else fans would use the fact that so many managers can't be wrong, yet with Forte it has to be something else?

Last season he missed countless chances even in the short playing time Nolan gave him, his finishing is not that great, he's not that quick and he's looked miserable as f*ck since Sheridan left and if we'd signed someone with his record of scoring 68 in 352 games and the ridiculous amount of loans/clubs he's had I hardly think anyone would be that pleased.
    Agree that Forte probably isn't the answer to our prayers, in which case we need to try and move him on. But as we saw with Campbell from West Brom, it's going to be hard to get a good young forward on loan - young Walker from Florest would be a good option, if they want him to go out on loan. Failing that, would it be worth playing Alessandra alongside Shola?

I'm also hoping the new midfielder from Forest can be the ball winner in the middle of the park, because Hewitt has yet to convince me he's good enough in any position.

Allessandra playing off Shola would be one option but I don't think he's the quickest of players and I think we'd miss him in midfield more than we'd gain anything upfront.

[QUOTE=Freeman25;38611398]How come despite so many managers thinking Forte isn't good enough to play as a striker (or at all) fan's seem to think it's some sort of conspiracy against him rather than him actually just not being very good? If it was anyone else fans would use the fact that so many managers can't be wrong, yet with Forte it has to be something else?

Those same managers don't seem to think we need 2 decent central defenders so I wouldn't take much notice of them knowing Forte's best position.

The reality is that Forte isn't good enough to play in his "best position" anymore, last season he spent some time on the wing because Sheridan decided that we didn't need a left winger, unless you count Rodman and I was doing really well trying to forget about him being here, so him and Campbell were the only options that could play there. Campbell was the same, not good enough to play up front so got stuck out on the wing because he had a bit of pace and we had nobody else to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    The reality is that Forte isn't good enough to play in his "best position" anymore, last season he spent some time on the wing because Sheridan decided that we didn't need a left winger, unless you count Rodman and I was doing really well trying to forget about him being here, so him and Campbell were the only options that could play there. Campbell was the same, not good enough to play up front so got stuck out on the wing because he had a bit of pace and we had nobody else to play there.
    So again all the managers didn't realise we needed a left winger then as well as 2 central defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    So again all the managers didn't realise we needed a left winger then as well as 2 central defenders?
    In fairness to Sheridan he did try and resolve the centre back issue with Duffy who came in with a much better rep than has actually been seen. At least Nolan is seeing the light and not starting Hollis although he has signed Dan Jones...! Er I give up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast