+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bruce out!

I agree Sam that some of our fans are perennial whingers and find a cloud in every silver lining, AVFC runs in the blood and it's often a desperate passion for them to do well which results in frustration when we don't see attractive football and goals. Whatever 11 Brucie picks the approach always seems to be far too cautious and therefore teams know exactly how to play against us at VP.

Yes we have no right to win games but the huge investment in this squad demands a return, including 95 minutes of hard work all over the pitch.

The MON moans were because we had no plan B, so many home games against lesser teams ended up as draws. Again the massive investment should have yielded better and MON bought players who never or hardly played for him.

Someone asked who do we replace him with? For starters every team we have played has had a manager that out coached us with the exception ofNorwich and even his team controlled a lot of the game. This also includes Shrewsbury and Walsalls managers from the pre season. Add in all the teams that had managers that out coached us last season.

Sam. Why is Hogan so unlikely to score? He scored 14 goals in the same division against the same opponents playing alongside players on lesser wages who cost less money. Perhaps it's because Bruce buys the same players he already has. He purchased for a ridiculously high price in my mind Whelan when he already has Jedinak who is a better option. He purchased Hourihane and Lansbury in the same window who seem to be the same type players and added Snodgrass and Elmo to the right wing where one of our better players Adomah seemed to be good.

These players aren't bad signings to me except Whelan which is a joke signing like Thor has turned out to be, but his management style is awful. Maybe it is living in America where coaches are frowned upon for not making changes at half time or making injuries an excuse or blaming the fans as he did after the Norwich game, but this guy is wearing on me like Lambert did and even he had his moments when we were watchable which Bruce's teams aren't.

Hogan is more likely to get injured that score from what I've seen of him. The whole "let's buy players who were great at other clubs" but turn into tripe here seems to be a factor.

I didn't watch the game as I hardly ever do now thanks to streams not being available and me being too tight to pay for tickets. But the stats said we should have scored.

If Bruce had taken Davis off at half time and brought on Hogan maybe we would have won. Or maybe he would have tweaked something and had to come off with no one left on the bench to replace him. Maybe Kodija should have started and been taken off after getting his obligatory goal.

I think Steve has been unlucky rather than poor like lambert or RDM

No disrespect to Barnsley but surely this is the week we get a good win n Bruce can sleep well at night for a change ?? Surely...

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    No disrespect to Barnsley but surely this is the week we get a good win n Bruce can sleep well at night for a change ?? Surely...
    Normally when somebody says no disrespect.. you know thats exactly what they DO mean, right Dazza ?.
    Anyway I hope your all still wanting Bruce out on Satdy night and that Hourihane has a terrible return to Oakwell. I'll say a 2-2 draw and somebody will get sent off!. Its our 130 year anniversary so there will be a party atmosphere, and look out for some hidden special Willy Wonka style golden tickets in the match programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Hogan is more likely to get injured that score from what I've seen of him. The whole "let's buy players who were great at other clubs" but turn into tripe here seems to be a factor.

I didn't watch the game as I hardly ever do now thanks to streams not being available and me being too tight to pay for tickets. But the stats said we should have scored.

If Bruce had taken Davis off at half time and brought on Hogan maybe we would have won. Or maybe he would have tweaked something and had to come off with no one left on the bench to replace him. Maybe Kodija should have started and been taken off after getting his obligatory goal.

I think Steve has been unlucky rather than poor like lambert or RDM
    I would say RDM was the unlucky one. How many games went from 3 pts to 1 after we hit the woodwork so often?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Normally when somebody says no disrespect.. you know thats exactly what they DO mean, right Dazza ?.
    Anyway I hope your all still wanting Bruce out on Satdy night and that Hourihane has a terrible return to Oakwell. I'll say a 2-2 draw and somebody will get sent off!. Its our 130 year anniversary so there will be a party atmosphere, and look out for some hidden special Willy Wonka style golden tickets in the match programmes.
    Acido. How has Barnsley done with the money received for Bree, Hourihane, the CB that went to the scum and any other sales between January and the summer?

Bruce bites back at the fans calling him a dinosaur, getting a bit wound up now! He really does need a win tomorrow in front of the Sky cameras, come old potato head, shut me and all the critics up at least for one weekend eh!!
    2-0 villa.

Koj and Hurihane

That's exactly what we need. We need to get 21 points out the next 9 games

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)