+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Graves Park

Definitely none of the above, (IMO). He looks like he’s getting so could be a coach but too much hair and not enough bulk for Short.

He looks a bit like Doc Pace, maybe he was just training with us??

I think the bloke in the white vest looks like Ken Wood, the Sheffield athlete. He was born (I think) about 1930 so would have retired from competetive athletics by then, but could have well been used to take them on pre-season runs. I’ll have a think about the players.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Just come across this wonderful picture from 1971,so i have shamelessly stolen it and put it on here,anyone know who the bloke in the white vest is?Attachment 6788
    Left to right: Hockey, Ford, Ken Wood, no idea, Barlow, Flynn?, Salmons, could be one or two who had that sort of silly haircut - possibly John Hope, no idea about the “owls shirt”, Colquhoun, Speight, Powell, Badger, can’t see the last two clear enough to have a guess.

Ken Wood. Four minute miler.

I remember Ken Wood doing a run around the ground in pre match entertainment. I think a runner called Simpson did as well.

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    I remember Ken Wood doing a run around the ground in pre match entertainment. I think a runner called Simpson did as well.
    I remember that CJJ. Alan Simpson from Rotherham. Another good athlete, perhaps best at half mile, but both were sub-4 minute milers.
    Last edited by RonnieWaldock; 12-10-2017 at 04:03 PM.

wheres tc ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I remember that CJJ. Alan Simpson from Rotherham. Another good athlete, perhaps best at half mile, but both were sub-4 minute milers.
    Think that could be John Hope at the back of the one with the **** shirt on Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Is that Speight? He was at the club in 71 but I don't think he looked like that then. Dave Powell?
    Definately Speight in the headband

White shirt at the front looks like Geoff Salmons to me

Flynn, Colquhoun, Hockey, Badger

That's all I can recognise

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I think the bloke in the white vest looks like Ken Wood, the Sheffield athlete. He was born (I think) about 1930 so would have retired from competetive athletics by then, but could have well been used to take them on pre-season runs. I’ll have a think about the players.
    Did Ken Wood have a Hall named after him Ronnie, or was it a food mixer?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast