+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry fans done the impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ahhh this is better. Some fairly well balanced posts from either side.
    Coventry, like a few in League 2 will try and play from the back, they also have players that can hurt the opposition (in this case us), Bayliss and McNulty are very good, too good for League 2.
    We also have players that Coventry should be mindful of, if Grant gets to his pre Xmas form he is one of the best attacking midfielders in the Division, Forte (who I have on multiple other threads said he is lazy and not good enough) has been sensational on the run in and seems to like playing against Coventry.
    Friday is too close to call, both teams are capable of hammering the other, both have a collapse in them (Against Mansfield for us and Yeovil for Coventry). Obviously I would side with us, and my basis would be our imperious home form. I am looking forward to the game with excitement and nerves and looking forward to an electric atmosphere.
    My last hope is that Darren Drysdale doesn’t impact the game!
    Drysdale is a concern for both of us and it’s frustrating after the idiots the other night.

Once again I agree with most of what has been said, it really is too tight to call. I think an early goal either way would explode the tie into life and Coventry have shown they can go gung ho if needed although they do open up too easily at the back then.

We have a very balanced midfield with Doyle and Kelly masters at holding and then we have the abilities of Bayliss and Shipperly, both will go onto bigger things similarly to Maddison. In all the recent years of doom and gloom the one light at the end of the tunnel has been our superb academy, which I believe is now rated amongst the best in the country now. It’s kept us going and half our current first team squad are Academy products. However, We have a young team and therefore this could be a weakness come Friday night?

McNulty has been incredible since the turn of the year and he has shown himself to be a real match winner, stop him and goals can be difficult to come by.

Meadow Lane is a great Away day, I’m looking forward to a great afternoon and hopefully our lot will keep a lid on things and stay in check. The atmosphere should be a special one.

My prediction is 1-1 again and extra time.
    Last edited by Cov1; 16-05-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ahhh this is better. Some fairly well balanced posts from either side.
    Coventry, like a few in League 2 will try and play from the back, they also have players that can hurt the opposition (in this case us), Bayliss and McNulty are very good, too good for League 2.
    We also have players that Coventry should be mindful of, if Grant gets to his pre Xmas form he is one of the best attacking midfielders in the Division, Forte (who I have on multiple other threads said he is lazy and not good enough) has been sensational on the run in and seems to like playing against Coventry.
    Friday is too close to call, both teams are capable of hammering the other, both have a collapse in them (Against Mansfield for us and Yeovil for Coventry). Obviously I would side with us, and my basis would be our imperious home form. I am looking forward to the game with excitement and nerves and looking forward to an electric atmosphere.
    My last hope is that Darren Drysdale doesn’t impact the game!
    Good post! Totally agree with every comment, each team has danger men, each team can win the match and have plenty in their locker to do so. As I said in another post I think it will come down to bottle and desire.

Also as previously said, after you boys beat Luton to keep us in the top division when we lost at villa on the last day and you had already been relegated I developed a soft spot for ya. I hope your club keeps going in the right way and maybe one day get up to the prem! Would be nice to see the oldest club in the top division!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Would be nice to see the oldest club in the top division!
    It would be, but then I'd have to change my stance on 'The Premier League has ruined football'

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It would be, but then I'd have to change my stance on 'The Premier League has ruined football'
    It has, but that’s exactly why I’d like to see it! There are too many big time Charlie’s who are loving being on board the gravy train whilst the rest of football slides to rat ****! Always love to see the lesser fashionable teams make the premier! Stick it up em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    It has, but that’s exactly why I’d like to see it! There are too many big time Charlie’s who are loving being on board the gravy train whilst the rest of football slides to rat ****! Always love to see the lesser fashionable teams make the premier! Stick it up em!!!
    Yep. The irony is that Notts and Coventry were two of the breakaway top flight clubs that resigned from the FL in 1992 to form it in the first place. Oops
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-05-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Yep. The irony is that Notts were one of the breakaway clubs that resigned from the FL to form it in the first place. Oops
    And never actually played in it …

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    And never actually played in it …
    Yep, hence the irony. I've also edited my post to include Coventry as one of those clubs.

Yep, hence the irony. I've also edited my post to include Coventry as one of those clubs.
    Sorry just clarifying that point for those who thought you were pressing your smalls

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Like I said you are too serious, can give it out but can’t take it.
    Why don't you just go forth and multiply? You come on here pretending to be "friendly", then scuttle off to Sky Blues Talkcrap taking the piss, and upping the anti NCFC feelings with your stone island chums.

Tommo72
    Clearly the Notts County Marketing team have been on top of their game to come up with this particularly original strapline...

Thing is, I was sat near the County fans and apart from the 100 or so chavs behind the goal who did a great job of replicating a chimps tea party, the rest looked like a church choir.

Any wannabe Marketing gurus think of a more suitable strapline for them?

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Why don't you just go forth and multiply? You come on here pretending to be "friendly", then scuttle off to Sky Blues Talkcrap taking the piss, and upping the anti NCFC feelings with your stone island chums.

Tommo72
    Clearly the Notts County Marketing team have been on top of their game to come up with this particularly original strapline...

Thing is, I was sat near the County fans and apart from the 100 or so chavs behind the goal who did a great job of replicating a chimps tea party, the rest looked like a church choir.

Any wannabe Marketing gurus think of a more suitable strapline for them?
    Jesus Christ mate, what is wrong with you? You trying to win browny points or something? Are you the Internet Police? It’s BANTER, that’s it. It is possible to have a good football chat and use banter, just like some of you have done. Get a grip ah.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast