+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Town Post Match Thoughts

The ref? Yes he was poor but we've had worse. A stop start match with drinks breaks suited him because he could have a breather.

Don't get me wrong, I like Warne and Barker but they are what they are . Not outstanding as players but reliable and their team is in their mould, run all day but skill and guile are the exception rather than the rule.

Shrewsbury join Lincoln and Tranmere on the list of teams to come to the NYS to play anti-football. Came for a point, strangled the life out of the game to get it. Aided by three inept officials.

That said, we seemed to evaporate as the game went on. I get that it was hot and energy sapping but we never looked like busting a gut trying to find a goal.

Positives. Jamie Linsay - motm for me. Always showed for every ball, did the simple things brilliantly. A Scottish Pirlo!

Negatives.
    The substitutions. Ladapo who looked like our only threat, taken off for Smith. Smith has been amazing for us but he is so used to playing with his back to goal on his own. He looks a shadow of his former self too in terms of effort. He looked knackered after 5 minutes. Next up, players get tired, I get that. But we're chasing the game and we swap Hastie for Mcdonald. This killed us as an attacking threat and said "I'm happy with a point".

The match felt six hours long.

The officials.
    I'm absolutely sick and tired of piss weak officials. Neither linesman had a pair of *******s between them, waiting for the ref every time they had a decision to make.
    Time wasting is killing the game yet the ref allows their keeper to fanny about all the time. Clear time wasting, a yellow card stops it, but no.
    Thought Shrewsbury were well looked after today to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The ref? Yes he was poor but we've had worse. A stop start match with drinks breaks suited him because he could have a breather.

Don't get me wrong, I like Warne and Barker but they are what they are . Not outstanding as players but reliable and their team is in their mould, run all day but skill and guile are the exception rather than the rule.
    Yep. We can't control a ball or hold it up front. The only one who can do this is Smith who can't hit a barn door yet I feel we need to have him in the team and play him in a role like last season because he will need 2 defenders on him which will at least free up space for others.

Not impressed with Morris because he is not strong enough to boss defenders and his first touch is woeful. He should have at least hit the target with his chance today.

Agree that Lyndsey was best player he saved us a couple of times with last ditch defending and yet I feel with his pedigree he could be a frecks like goalscorer as well.

Crooks gets a lot of the ball but nowt seems to come from him having it.

I thought is there anyone on the bench who could change things but realised there really wasn't a lot that could be done.

I know its early but i have feeling we will never quite catch fire for a promotion push this year partly because we miss far too many chances. Think we will be decent away but throw a lot of points away at home because we can't break down teams.

I dunno what the answer is but having a team of triers which Warne has is not enough to get us up.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-09-2019 at 05:30 PM.

You need to find a way to break these teams down at the NYS .

We had a succession of home draws last season at this time against AFC Wimbledon , Walsall and Plymouth Argyle , two of whom were relegated and AFC Wimbledon escaped by the skin of their teeth .

It's frustrating and you begin to question the merits of the squad especially when you see the top two breaking away as Ipswich are doing right now with Coventry City hot on their tail .

Luton Town were around where you are right now this time last season and won the league with 94 points .

37 games left to play and another transfer window to come , there's a hell of a long way to go guys .

One more point, which I think is important. If we are gonna have teams coming to NYS to stifle us and perpetually slow the game down with niggly fouls we need to use this to our advantage. Our free kicks have been woeful all season hardly threatening the goal as are our corners. We have to better with dead ball kicks. We have to attack the chuffin ball when it comes in. Not sure we have the players apart from Woody who are willing to stick their heads in where it hurts.

One of the most boring games I've ever seen.

At least the weather was nice.

Keep playing like this in winter though and the casual fans will disappear.

Shrews were embarrassing at time, officials the usual ****.
    What the **** did they need water breaks for?
    Too many poor passes yet again. Why?
    Corners from Wiles were crap
    Not earlier enough with subs
    Morris should have been the one subbed imo

Rubbish game overall

I now understand why fans might fight with each other after I had to have words with a dickhead

MOTM Lindsay

13th in table isn’t the best number
    Last edited by millertop; 21-09-2019 at 05:57 PM.

And another thing.. Our fans were pathetic once again. Well done to the 6 or 7 who managed to muster up a half arsed 'come on you reds' when we got a corner. Sh ittest home fans in the country.

If any football fan wants to watch that shyte week in week out then they're a ****!

They came and parked the bus and it was ****ing horrible to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Shrews were embarrassing at time, officials the usual ****.
    What the **** did they need water breaks for?
    Too many poor passes yet again. Why?
    Corners from Wiles were crap
    Not earlier enough with subs
    Morris should have been the one subbed imo

Rubbish game overall

I now understand why fans might fight with each other after I had to have words with a dickhead

MOTM Lindsay

13th in table isn’t the best number
    And Mattock frustrates the life out of me

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast