+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason World Cup debut...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Post #12....

Regardless of politics, i'm a left winger who ardently supports my country and it's flag, unlike yourself, plainly, what a great patriot you are.
    I remember so called Eng 'fans' singing '1 nil to the Ingerland' after we beat someone 2 nil. The second goal by John Barnes didnt count. Maybe why guys like GF dont support their national team anymore.

I have to admit that the nazis who attach themselves to the england team puts me off a bit from supporting England. But obviously not all England fans are members of far right groups. If we can ban the Nazi element of our fan base i think we can all feel a lot more comfortable supporting england.

Interesting comparison re Sterling / Arneson. One guy seems less talented yet perceived to be superior because he appears to try harder (yet Ive seen him stroll round NYS at times). Yet Sterling, more talented (and top draw Premier League player) but, because he is not seen to hit the heights of say Messi, is slagged off as being a waster. How do we know hes not maximising his talent and this is his very best?

Well, I for one would not like to see a bloke with an assault rifle tattoo on his leg holding the World Cup aloft.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Well, I for one would not like to see a bloke with an assault rifle tattoo on his leg holding the World Cup aloft.
    Lol. Yet you support the right to arm yourself in the USA.

The question you should ask is why Sterling has the rifle tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Interesting comparison re Sterling / Arneson. One guy seems less talented yet perceived to be superior because he appears to try harder (yet Ive seen him stroll round NYS at times). Yet Sterling, more talented (and top draw Premier League player) but, because he is not seen to hit the heights of say Messi, is slagged off as being a waster. How do we know hes not maximising his talent and this is his very best?
    That's not how i see it. Arnason isn't less talented, he's just played his club football at a lower level. Arnason reads the game like a master, knows where the ball is going to be played and his positional awareness is first class. This is why he can mix it with the world's best players

Sterling runs around a lot, gets into decent positions around the opposition area, then seems to go down blind alleys far too often and ultimately gets dispossessed. There's no decent cross, pass or no end product. This is why he's a disappointment at international level and vastly overrated. I hope he proves me wrong though in this tournament, I really do.
    Unfortunately, RUFC also has a player very similar to how Sterling plays

What a thread this is, kinda sums the place up. Starts with a harmless post about an ex Miller making his first appearance at the World cup finals. Gets all political with the left/right wing arguments and ends up alluding to gun laws in America. Only on Millersmad eh, still talking about something is better than not talking at all I suppose.

Well played yesterday Kari.

Come on you mighty 3 Lions.

Bang bang, ha ha you missed ya w@nker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    What a thread this is, kinda sums the place up. Starts with a harmless post about an ex Miller making his first appearance at the World cup finals. Gets all political with the left/right wing arguments and ends up alluding to gun laws in America. Only on Millersmad eh, still talking about something is better than not talking at all I suppose.

Well played yesterday Kari.

Come on you mighty 3 Lions.

Bang bang, ha ha you missed ya w@nker!!!
    Thats why we post on here Riley - lol. Just a bit of knock about banter.

That's what I have always said about politics though Riley its hard to talk about owt without it haven't some sort of political implication or slant. Whenever you debate owt eventually it will come down to political opinion even say how many times you change your underpants! When people come on here and say "this is a football forum I don't want to hear about politics" that is a political statement itself! Its what makes our message board great though and not sterile like millersBanter.

He had a fair game, both centre halves were sat too far back for the goal. A few of his headed clearances were straight to Argentinian players, luckily for them Argentina looked poor.

The south american teams don't look that good, and conmebol will likely be given 6 places out of 10 in 2026 and allowed to enter the play off, so could be a possible 7/10 teams there!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast