+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When did we last win 5-0 away

When did we last win 5-0 away

I went to Bolton in the early 60's and we won 5-0 or 5-1. Has there been a rout like this recently? The newspapers had the headline "Rovers go nap ".

Well they've had it in them for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    I went to Bolton in the early 60's and we won 5-0 or 5-1. Has there been a rout like this recently? The newspapers had the headline "Rovers go nap ".
    You are correct Test, Bolton away in 1964, we won 5-0

I think Duggie scored and McEvoy and Fred. Might be wrong due to many years having passed.

Definitely worth the 3.50 alarm-call!
    When I saw the line-up, my first thoughts were: "One attacker too many. A bit gung-ho - especially with only one 'holding' player."
    There you go! Hats off, as predictions fly out of the window again. (I doubt if there is a single person in the universe who went for that score-line!)

The Bookies will have cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    I think Duggie scored and McEvoy and Fred. Might be wrong due to many years having passed.
    If my horribly faulty memory is correct. I think that was the match where I tried to hitch up from Gloucester, but only got as far as Birmingham.
    (I was a schoolboy with not much cash).

In a funny sort of way, were more likely to miss out on the top 6 playing the 'poorer' teams, than the better ones.

It's when teams set up to stop us that we mainly struggle. It's a conundrum that TM has to try and sort out in our remaining games.

Totally agree, Saxo.
    The Wigan game was the biggest disappointment of the season for me.
    QPR should be interesting. Their "goals for" is the second best in the Division, and their "goals against", the second worst! It doesn't sound as if they pack their defence.
    I see that they have lost their last three away games.
    What conclusions can we draw from all that?
    Well, you'd guess at something like 3-2, either way, but given the way the results are, it will probably turn out to be nil-nil!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)