+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: One up front…

1 up top only works if the 10 role plays well, thought in first half that was Pawletts best performance for a long time (since last time we played Mortin??)..... but last week where he was having a nightmare we were struggling

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If I'm right Ayr have lost one match. Who was that against again? 🤔 Evidence they are also capable of a ****e game now and again.

Apparently they were unlucky in that game at dens or could have got something.... But then we could have got something at Ayr if Clark had scored... By all accounts we were in the ascendancy at that stage then they broke and won the penalty.

If I'm right Ayr have lost one match. Who was that against again? 🤔 Evidence they are also capable of a ****e game now and again.
    If i am correct Dundee United have also lost one match.Who was that against again?.That is much more of a worry to me than the Ayr fans who were at Dens,they got robbed and we were outplayed at Somerset Park.The bookies odds say we are winning the league,most of the pundits say the same,after 3 years of utter dross i plead guilty to playing things down and taking nothing for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    ...we were outplayed at Somerset Park.
    Were we though? Some folk that were there say otherwise.

I will retract that then and say we had a different game plan at Ayr than we did in the previous 4 matches.It was all about containment and we handed the initiative to them and in the first half it was wave after wave of Ayr attacks.The 2nd half was a lot closer but we could not argue that the home side deserved to win.
    If this was to be repeated in the other 3 games against them this season the league will be a lot closer than many think.

The post mortem,

McCall,"At times we outplayed United and they could not get near us."

Neilson,"Our performance before the break wasn't enough.The service to Shankland wasn't good enough."

We have now lost on our last 3 trips to Somerset Park without even scoring a goal,food for thought surely?.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    managers are trying to use our fans against our players by setting their teams out to frustrate us by parking the bus. We either have to try and get early goals which give the opposition teams nothing to defend or us fans need to stop the criticism aimed at our players when we are struggling to break down teams and instead, try and put the opposition under pressure. I believe Dick Campbell said that his plan was to get the United fans to do his work for him as he set his team out to frustrate. We as fans, need to be smarter and back the team for the full 90 minutes. This season will have its bumps, but the fans may be the difference between winning this league or reaching the play offs.
    We are far from being Barcelona but us fans can really be the 12th man.
    This season has seen a far better connection between fans and players......we need to make sure we build on this.
    ^^this all day long. 👍

I was there and i assure you - we were outplayed for long spells of the game. Sure we should have scored but they also should have scored more

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    ...the league will be a lot closer than many think.
    I don't know anyone who doesn't think the league will be a close run affair already. You need to stop listening to the blue nose chunts.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)