+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawson to Burnley talk

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Sorry folks. Just my view but I would appear to have missed when he was a good player for us.
    At right back below average
    At centre half average on a good day.
    Bartley's form at the start of the season made him look OK.
    He has been the one centre half who has been played in his correct position (right side) all season.
    Do not rate him at all.
    Would completely agree with you! He has one positive - he poses more of a goal threat than HRK 😭

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Would completely agree with you! He has one positive - he poses more of a goal threat than HRK 😭
    My dads 89, he poses a bigger goal threat than the useless Kanu.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    We would miss Dawson, one of the few that poses a goal threat. He has bee a good player for the Albion whilst he has been here, can’t understand so-called fans slagging him off! You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone!
    I believe you are spot on there KB. If he is going the very best to him at Burnely...

We would miss Dawson, one of the few that poses a goal threat. He has bee a good player for the Albion whilst he has been here, can’t understand so-called fans slagging him off! You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone!
    Couldn't agree more Ketts, defended well in the Prem and has done well this season when having ordinary players beside him.

In many ways I'll be sad to see him go. I thought that he was a solid defender in the Prem. and was always a threat at set pieces. However, I have to admit that his form last season was nowhere near consistent enough and in some games was poor. If he doesn't want to stay with us it's best that he leaves but I do feel that he has been an asset to us over the years and wish him well for the future.

Completely agree.

We signed him for £400k, his best years have been with us. He always put his head in where it hurts. And now we might sell him for £15m...

If we do sell him, although I'll be gutted to see him go, he should always be welcome back. And hopefully we can reinvest that money wisely. Dawson has been great for us.

I will be amazed if the reported £15m is correct but either way if it is anywhere over £10m I would take the cash. He has been a good player for us but at his age we will be better off to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Completely agree.

We signed him for £400k, his best years have been with us. He always put his head in where it hurts. And now we might sell him for £15m...

If we do sell him, although I'll be gutted to see him go, he should always be welcome back. And hopefully we can reinvest that money wisely. Dawson has been great for us.
    "Utter boll***s

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    "Utter boll***s
    Surprised to see you on here Palmeras, you usually only come on here within 48 hours after a defeat or draw telling everyone how bad the players/manager/board are....

Supporter of the year right here..

I’ve always been a Dawson fan, seems a bit of an odd bod personality wise, not that it matters much, just an observation.
    Always puts his body on the line and never sherks a challenge, never complains to the ref even when he’s been nobbled, my kind of player all day long.

One thing I don’t want is a repeat of that long drawn out saga we had last close season which entered into the early months of the football season. It’s no good for anyone, certainly not us, if it’s to be done let’s do it early, bank the moola and move on.
    Last edited by The Minn Junta; 23-05-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)