+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre European Tour Trip to Cork

Pre European Tour Trip to Cork

Anyone up for a wee jaunt to the south of Ireland on Saturday 30th June???

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I would have bit im nae long booked up for St Patricks v Limerick 20/7 and possibly Shamrock or Dundalk in Europe.19/7

F@cking typical

Aye !!

Im affshore on the 30th anyway so its nae actually an issue

I would’ve joined you 2 Neil’s, but got work commitment that weekend. Goin t Derry Dundalk this Friday tho, an thinking o takin the loon t Derry’s away euro qualifier, just as a warm up for the real stuff tho!

Nice one, shame it's the low flying Cobh rather than the high flying Cork City but hey ho. As far as I remember their ground is ~6k, and about 3/4 of that is standing.

Easiest way to get there? Train from Cork (~15 miles) then a 20-25 min walk (warning: Hill).

Cork Airport has Edinburgh and Glasgow flights, no Aberdeen flights. If flying Aberdeen - Dublin, the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to Cork is by bus (AirCoach).

Cork is a nice, vibrant city a bit smaller than Aberdeen with a more compact city centre. Cobh is a touristy seaside town, last place the Titanic was moored before its fateful journey.

Any questions you think I might be able to help with, just ask (though I know Cork quite a bit better than Cobh).

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Aye !!
    Easy for you to nip across to Manchester and fly from there. Will hae a look tonight fan I get home from work.

Fit like neilthedon? Might have to give this a miss. Can do it for £105 return. Glasgow to Liverpool train. Bide at John Lennon airport hotel then £12 Ryanair flight to Cork Saturday morning. Have you seen the price of digs in Cork??? Early morning flight Sunday back to the weeg.

Or £120 return by train all the way from Glasgow Central via Crewe, Holyhead and Dublin!!!

Let the Euro fun commence in a couple of weeks!!!

I may go to this. Not been to that part of Ireland before.

As it happens, I am due to be in Manchester that weekend anyway, so I can get a flight across and back on the Saturday.

Fit like neilthedon? Might have to give this a miss. Can do it for £105 return. Glasgow to Liverpool train. Bide at John Lennon airport hotel then £12 Ryanair flight to Cork Saturday morning. Have you seen the price of digs in Cork??? Early morning flight Sunday back to the weeg.

Or £120 return by train all the way from Glasgow Central via Crewe, Holyhead and Dublin!!!

Let the Euro fun commence in a couple of weeks!!!
    Aye min. Well , flying works. Friday night in the Pool. Pint of Beamish in Cork the Saturday. What's a five star hotel for one night ?

. Up ro you. I could do a bike rally that same weekend . So your call

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast