+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clubs you feel close afffinity with

Clubs you feel close afffinity with

As an off shoot to the development of the Rumour of the day thread I thought I'd post this.

I'd like to name clubs I have real respect for and feel affinity with their supporters. Just name a few. Five maximun

And perhaps the opposite end of the scale, those you detest, disgust and abhor, supporter or clubs.

My personal list of the Goodies are West Brom, West Ham, Liverpool, Fulham and Brighton.

Baddies. Aston Vile, Everton, Both Mancs (Citeh more than Manure) Chelski.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    As an off shoot to the development of the Rumour of the day thread I thought I'd post this.

I'd like to name clubs I have real respect for and feel affinity with their supporters. Just name a few. Five maximun

And perhaps the opposite end of the scale, those you detest, disgust and abhor, supporter or clubs.

My personal list of the Goodies are West Brom, West Ham, Liverpool, Fulham and Brighton.

Baddies. Aston Vile, Everton, Both Mancs (Citeh more than Manure) Chelski.
    Always like the underdog teams - burnley brighton etc teams that people say "they shouldn,t be in yhe prem as appossed to the arrogant teams eg spurs

Ron you are giving me paranoia.

When I've put up a post and see a quick reply from you I'm wondering "what have I done wrong now"

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Ron you are giving me paranoia.

When I've put up a post and see a quick reply from you I'm wondering "what have I done wrong now"
    i just sat down with me coffee and toast - i better not post anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    Always like the underdog teams - burnley brighton etc teams that people say "they shouldn,t be in yhe prem as appossed to the arrogant teams eg spurs
    I used to like Spurs in the late 60's when I first came darn Saarf. They were a working mans club then with supporters from Edmonton, Wood Green etc. They played good football with the likes of Greavsie and Gilzean, but gradually the "prawn sandwich brigade" from the posher Es*** suberbs and further out began to see them as fasionable so the club pushed the prices up to such an extent that only the wealthy could afford to go and the real supporters on low wages or benefits living close couldn't afford it in a million years.

That's one of the few things I give the fat blob credit for and that's keeping the ticket prices down to as reasonable a level as possible considering today's standards.

Like Burnley because Stan Ternent as he used to manage them and is from my neck of the woods

Any man who has chinned Neil Warnock a couple of times can’t be bad in my books

like west ham always a good day out
    portsmouth ,their fans are great
    wolves same as portsmouth

like barcelona

and ipswich
    for their love of Sir Bobby

I'm with you on most your choices ExPat, though historically my hatred towards Man Utd has been greater than against City. And probably, to some extent, still is. Although getting older you start to think of the achievement of Sir Alex, and that requires respect of course.

Liverpool I really like, though I didn't like it when they bought Carroll and Downing and still insisted that they were a Top 4 club even though they spent a lot of time outside of it. They just weren't good enough at that point, and I think it's about being realistic. I wouldn't insist we finish in the Top 10 again next season even though we just did (not unless we spend good). Don't mind Everton tbf.

Like pboro, I quite like Wolves as well. Something to do with the colour of their shirt, I hadn't seen anything like it as a kid. Cool name for a football club too.

Aston Villa I don't care for, but we got our revenge when Cissé scored in his debut to win us the game and them since going down with a bang.

I quite like, West Ham, West Brom, Man City, Portsmouth and Rangers (used to go to Ibrox a bit but now I am losing any feeling about them)
    Hate, Sunderland, Man U, Chelsea, Palace and Celtic (especially the way their supporters carry on around remembrance Sunday)

Like Blackpool one of my maternal grandads clubs.

Dislike Man U and Sunderland.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)