+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Serious question BFP who do you think many of the 17 million leave voters will vote for in the next general election if brexit doesn't happen?
    Now that is a question.
    17.4 million voters feeling betrayed.
    Tories shot themselves in the foot. They despise Corbyn and his army of anti establishment reprobates.

There's an opening for Lord Sutch if he wants back in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think alot of the 17 million won't know who to vote for if Brexit doesn't go through seeing as most of the people I speak to who voted leave don't have a clue about normal political processes. They voted on getting immigrants out, getting an extra 350 million a week for the NHS, not getting two million turks descending on us when they join the EU (maybe in another 30 years time........) and because their grandparents told them to and they know more about it, (actually heard someone say this after they voted, the person in question was 21)

Lies were told on both sides of the campaign but I thought people would see through all those and do their own research. How anyone could vote for something that makes the country and it's citizens worse off after it happens is beyond stupidity. Even leavers say yeah it might be bad for a decade or so but we'll get there, what a load of nonsense, get where exactly? Back to a level that we're at in the EU? Better than the EU will be performing at that time? No one knows except that it's going to be a mess for quite awhile.

Also when people say 'well I was looking at it objectively and weighing up my options but then Juncker said do as your told so I voted leave' just shows their complete stupidity. I know let's risk the entire economic future of myself, my family and my future generations because Juncker is a big headed tw@t. Nice work people.
    It will also be very interesting where the EU will be in 10 years time especially if Europes lurch to the right continues
    Last edited by i961pie; 05-12-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Serious question BFP who do you think many of the 17 million leave voters will vote for in the next general election if brexit doesn't happen?
    I would imagine the vast majority will vote for the same party as they’ve always done. Brexit voters should be pleased in some ways, they voted for Parliament to “take back control”, and that’s exactly what it did yesterday. This was despite the fact the governing party was found to be in contempt of parliament.

Personally speaking, I wouldn’t vote for them.

Don't you think there will be a witch hunt against MPs that have spoken out against brexit but are in leave voting constituencies?

Don't you think there will be a witch hunt against MPs that have spoken out against brexit but are in leave voting constituencies?
    I don’t know what you mean by “witch hunt” tbh. If enough voters don’t like what their MP has done about Brexit or anything else, they’ll be voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Now that is a question.
    17.4 million voters feeling betrayed.
    Tories shot themselves in the foot. They despise Corbyn and his army of anti establishment reprobates.

There's an opening for Lord Sutch if he wants back in.
    I know a lot of MPs look half dead, but pretty sure you still need to have a bit of a pulse in order to stand?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t know what you mean by “witch hunt” tbh. If enough voters don’t like what their MP has done about Brexit or anything else, they’ll be voted out.
    Or it will be the lowest turnout in history as people will think "what's the point?".

If it doesn't go through then I agree with the other poster no point in voting ever again.

My opinion is and always has been it won't go through and May has put forward something that she knows won't go through she is a remain voter after all and is scared to push for Brexit in case everything goes wrong.

In a nutshell it has been a complete waste of time/money that would have been better spent elsewhere.

... in other words, if you are a cynic, you might think this has always been a fogging exercise by the lying Remainer Establishment. To do this you need a single minded lying stoic figure who will deflect rational agents of change in order to preserve the status quo; who is also prepared to stab anyone in the back - Davis, Raab et al - who could upset the EU by actually trying to negotiate instead of merely compromising.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    If it doesn't go through then I agree with the other poster no point in voting ever again.

My opinion is and always has been it won't go through and May has put forward something that she knows won't go through she is a remain voter after all and is scared to push for Brexit in case everything goes wrong.

In a nutshell it has been a complete waste of time/money that would have been better spent elsewhere.
    Yup... pretty much agree with everything you’ve said. The whole thing is starting to look stage managed to appear that we have little choice but to remain. This is Ireland 2009 all over again.

Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast