+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How'did'you'get'on'WBAMAD

How'did'you'get'on'WBAMAD

With'me'i'started'reading'the'board'in'2003,and'ju st'did'that'for'a'year'before'joining.
    I'also'joined'The'Zone'and'Dot'Com'at'the'same'tim e
    I'recently'had'a'request'from'a'mod'on'the'latter' asking'me'not'to'post'anymore'until'i'get'my'keybo ard'fixed'
    Don't'think'that'will'happen'on'here'though.
    I'am'a'mod'
    It'will'have'to'be'done'though'but'i'will'wait'unt il'Chris'comes'back,'from'his'hols

Can't quite remember when, certainly several +++ years ago.
    I arranged to meet up with BaggiefromSafford, Donny Valdo and Northy in the Vine. Evening match I think.
    Thereafter the usual suspects in the Sportsman.
    I must get back there again pre match

Reading your posts 55 is like learning a new language...and my English is not great as it is....

I’m a relatively late starter on this site compared to some, but then I’ve only been on the internet since early 2010 .

Initially chose to read up on all things Albion via Newsnow and contributed to the comments sections of the Brum Mail and Express and Star for a while. Got bored with those pretty quickly and decided to look around for some football forums. Found and read .com, WBA Unofficial and a couple of other efforts but I couldn’t really take to their layouts.

Then I stumbled across this place with its vibrant community and fresher, more open format so I decided to sign up for my first football forum. It’ll be my sixth anniversary here tomorrow and I’ve had a great time. Had some real laughs, met loads of posters after taking the plunge at the Sportsman and made some good friends. Sadly some are no longer with us and yet more have chosen to fly the posting coup for reasons of their own.

This is still a good and free facility with many really decent people. While this is not meant as a criticism though, much of the humour has in my honest opinion disappeared. Some posters have moved on and just found other things to do. A rest can be as good as a change but you can easily get out of the habit, a bit like going to the Albion has for some. Unfortunately ‘one or two’ downgrades to the site probably accelerated its probable natural evolution. I currently have much less free time on my hands than previously too, and tend to split my posting activities between here, WBA Unofficial and .com.

It’s just life and the way things go………… all of the very best and hope to meet more of you soon .

For me it was during Euro '12, and it might have been the night we/England went out to Italy on pens in the Qtrs.
    The first poster I remember having a giggle with on here then was the old geezer Stroller. (I think some of you lot on here might know him very well actually)
    Dave Valder is another one I remember from those days, before I started chatting with loads more regulars on here.

Prando, it says in the top right of every post you make when you joined!
    I joined May 2008. Looking for a chat with like minded people, ended up meeting up with many, even went canal barge riding with some of them a couple of times.
    Here are a few group photos:

Name:  mad board crowd.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  board shot 3.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  60.3 KB

Found the site by accident, watched for a while it made sense to join.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Prando, it says in the top right of every post you make when you joined!
    I joined May 2008. Looking for a chat with like minded people, ended up meeting up with many, even went canal barge riding with some of them a couple of times.
    Here are a few group photos:

Name:  mad board crowd.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  board shot 3.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  60.3 KB

Remember those pictures well, myself my wife and son are in both of them.

I'm pretty sure there was a 3rd one Dave, but can't find the photo.
    I'm only in the second one. Recovering from a heart attack when the first one was taken.
    Note that in the second one it's the 2 from Gloucester not wearing coats. Makes you tough living down this way (or stupid!).
    Last edited by holmleighchris; 21-07-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a 3rd one Dave, but can't find the photo.
    I'm only in the second one. Recovering from a heart attack when the first one was taken.
    Note that in the second one it's the 2 from Gloucester not wearing coats. Makes you tough living down this way (or stupid!).
    Morning Chris.

I think both of those barge trips were before my time on the board, or if not then pretty close to it. There have been at least two other trips which I have attended on the barge since then.

We had a day out and charity auction for Baggie Steve, and another trip in memory of Keith (Lincs) and Baggie Boy Geoffs mate who died following a cycling accident near Norwich. Norwich supporters were also in attendance for the latter trip.

Think there may have been another day out between these two, but I'm not sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)