+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy ready to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Fans will be grateful to know that he's willing to pay however, he just raised both the expectations of fans plus the price of any striker with this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Oh no. We are spending money we dont have, and Hardy cant even get the day he will sign correct. Bag of shat
    Anyone know what position the 18 year old is? Must be decent (or decent prospect) if we are paying a fee for him?

Asked how many signings AH on his twitter.

Depending what quality we can get in but between 4 and 6

https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5

Fans will be grateful to know that he's willing to pay however, he just raised both the expectations of fans plus the price of any striker with this statement
    Has he really ?
    as a fan I realise what will be will be , if we approach people and they go to other clubs well that's the way of life.
    I for one can understand that this does happen and we move on ...I don't assume AH is lying about his intentions for one minute !!
    As for the asking price see the above statement- if people set the price to high because they think they can milk an interested party then we move on, all very simple and this does not mean there is any smoke and mirrors going on , its just a simple fact of life these things happen.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It is fair to say that the budget is likely to be better than last years. Increased attendances, decent FA cup run with associated TV revenue, decent league position, not forgetting 12.5% of the combined playoff revenue.
    Personally, I feel much better about supporting Notts and how the club is being steered.
    Ditto !

One word.......Accrington.

Even if we don't sign players for 100k....we can do what Accrington achieved this season if everyone is pulling in the right direction.

The players don't have to cost anything, they just have to buy in to everything that Notts County, KN and AH are doing (plus a squad that has a bit more pace and a bit more creativity.)

With those ingredients I'm sure we'll be fine. We very narrowly missed out on Wembley don't forget. Fine margins and bad decisions by both refs and Nolan. Next season we'll be better.
    Last edited by MancMagpie; 25-05-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Oh no. We are spending money we dont have, and Hardy cant even get the day he will sign correct. Bag of shat
    Again, how do you know we don’t have any money? This bullish!t goes on and on. Just because AH said he wouldn’t be able to fund us on his own in the Championship it doesn’t mean he can’t do it in League 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Again, how do you know we don’t have any money? This bullish!t goes on and on. Just because AH said he wouldn’t be able to fund us on his own in the Championship it doesn’t mean he can’t do it in League 2 now.
    Is that what he said? I thought he said he couldn't take us further ie Premiership and that he could only fund us to the Championship. By that I assume on a 5yr plan he's prepared to take a hit of £1.5m-£2m/yr ie up to £10m in total.

Isn't the Championship with decent gates (for us) supposed to be sustainable providing you don't chase the Holy Grail as our illustrious nearby neighbours attempt unsuccessfully?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Surely by very definition of 'losing money' as Notts are / were, we don't have any?

As others have said this season on other threads, we've made extra money from tv, cup and PO's but that may not put us in the black, just means we lost less than we would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Is that what he said? I thought he said he couldn't take us further ie Premiership and that he could only fund us to the Championship. By that I assume on a 5yr plan he's prepared to take a hit of £1.5m-£2m/yr ie up to £10m in total.

Isn't the Championship with decent gates (for us) supposed to be sustainable providing you don't chase the Holy Grail as our illustrious nearby neighbours attempt unsuccessfully?
    You're correct. He siad we could go as far as being in the Championship but to take the step up the the Prem would need someone with deeper pockets.

Surely by very definition of 'losing money' as Notts are / were, we don't have any?

As others have said this season on other threads, we've made extra money from tv, cup and PO's but that may not put us in the black, just means we lost less than we would have done.
    I don't believe this!!! "Losing money" means it's all gone? Nothing left? Nothing at all? Not a penny? LOSING! see that? LOSING! not LOST IT ALL! Gor blimey! How do YOU know we don't have any? I don't know which school you went to but go back to their library and look up the words "losing" and "definition", then see if you can find "bullsh!t".

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast