+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: FAO Ashy

It would take a complete disaster in Autumn for them to fire Eddie off so close to a World Cup, he's as safe as anyone in a top level sporting managerial position imo. Sean excepted of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    NSW have won them both. They came back from 0-10 down to win 18-14 and they won the first one 22-16 I think.
    It is only the second time in thir**** years that NSW have won the series. They were both great games to watch!!
    Cheers Ashy,hope they can do the hat trick on Queensland.. I see Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have been spoiling our thread again ..Pair of Numpties.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Cheers Ashy,hope they can do the hat trick on Queensland.. I see Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have been spoiling our thread again ..Pair of Numpties.. Lol
    No need to take that attitude Alfie, I was just borrowing a bit of space on my fellow rugby fans thread. I thought we were all mates together, us egg chasers, but it seems us Union fans are the ones with class, your lot just want an argument. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No need to take that attitude Alfie, I was just borrowing a bit of space on my fellow rugby fans thread. I thought we were all mates together, us egg chasers, but it seems us Union fans are the ones with class, your lot just want an argument. Typical.
    Now Now Sinky babe,did I mention any names? Don't jump to conclusions..lol

The Union game on Saturday had 81 kicks in it, 11 scrums, 149 rucks and 25 line outs. Quite a number of the scrums took almost 2 minutes out of the game and a couple had to be reset. Line outs also take some considerable time and it this constant stop/start which I find boring. They need to stop the clock on some of these occasions and give the fans value for money, trouble is they would be playing for ever.
    sinky --of course the Union fans have class ---they have all the money ----unlike us poor League fans who just love the game regardless of class.

The Union game on Saturday had 81 kicks in it, 11 scrums, 149 rucks and 25 line outs. Quite a number of the scrums took almost 2 minutes out of the game and a couple had to be reset. Line outs also take some considerable time and it this constant stop/start which I find boring. They need to stop the clock on some of these occasions and give the fans value for money, trouble is they would be playing for ever.
    sinky --of course the Union fans have class ---they have all the money ----unlike us poor League fans who just love the game regardless of class.
    I agree about the scrum supersub, it's a mess, it needs sorting, but we won, and did you see that diagonal kick into the corner from Cipriani ? A thing of beauty, under enormous pressure, in atrocious conditions, absolutely exquisite. Nowt like that in League.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree about the scrum supersub, it's a mess, it needs sorting, but we won, and did you see that diagonal kick into the corner from Cipriani ? A thing of beauty, under enormous pressure, in atrocious conditions, absolutely exquisite. Nowt like that in League.
    The scrums seem to have got worse and it really is time that they did something about it but I am not sure what can be done because it is down to players at the end of the day.
    It was a good win but don't kid yourself that Cipriani's kick was anything better than you see in League --you don't watch it so how can you compare?

Sinky Babe is a Ribble Valley snob..

It was a good win but don't kid yourself that Cipriani's kick was anything better than you see in League --you don't watch it so how can you compare?
    I've tried several times to watch games on TV, in fact lots of times over the years, I can even remember Tom van Vollenhoven jumping ship to play for St Helens, but I don't think I've ever got to the end of a game, given up through boredom, and a lack of silky skills like Cipriani's.

That's not at all fair on proper Ribble Valley snobs Alfie.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)