+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln v Wycombe tonight

Lincoln v Wycombe tonight

...is massive for Notts.

Anyone still clinging to the belief that we can catch Wycombe?.....we need to be at Sincil tonight, in spirit, with Groundhopper....if Wycombe win, then quite simply 7 points over 3 games is virtually impossible to make up and we might as well resign ourselves to the play~offs, wrap Forte in cotton wool and play Grant up front for 3 games as an experiment.

A draw would not be a disaster, but a Lincoln win, means it is game on for Saturday, Notts smash Yeovil, Accy beat Wycombe and there is only 1 point between us....simples

The added bonus of a Lincoln win....Mansfield get pushed down to 8th........ I keep having a recurring nightmare that we will meet Mansfield in the play~offs, if so, we need to kidnap Aless and tie him to a tree somewhere in Blidworth in case Nolo thinks of bringing him off the bench for the last 10 minutes, either that or superglue his hands to his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ...is massive for Notts.

Anyone still clinging to the belief that we can catch Wycombe?.....we need to be at Sincil tonight, in spirit, with Groundhopper....if Wycombe win, then quite simply 7 points over 3 games is virtually impossible to make up and we might as well resign ourselves to the play~offs, wrap Forte in cotton wool and play Grant up front for 3 games as an experiment.

A draw would not be a disaster, but a Lincoln win, means it is game on for Saturday, Notts smash Yeovil, Accy beat Wycombe and there is only 1 point between us....simples

The added bonus of a Lincoln win....Mansfield get pushed down to 8th........ I keep having a recurring nightmare that we will meet Mansfield in the play~offs, if so, we need to kidnap Aless and tie him to a tree somewhere in Blidworth in case Nolo thinks of bringing him off the bench for the last 10 minutes, either that or superglue his hands to his thighs.
    Dear Tarkers.
    How do you get the wobbly "dash" symbol as in play(wobbly dash)offs? All I can get is a - .

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ...is massive for Notts.

Lincoln to win for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~ easy peasy, its above the shift bar on my laptop, hold shift and press button # above.

Lincoln win,they have a few more hard games to follow. Accy could clinch promotion at Wycombe with a win there.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Dear Tarkers.
    How do you get the wobbly "dash" symbol as in play(wobbly dash)offs? All I can get is a - .
    Haven't you got one above your hashtag key? It's a symbol that is apparently called a 'Tilde', and it means approximately, so it's use in play~offs doesn't really make sense. You learn something new every day!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde

Let's not forget Exeter who look like they could pip both us and Wycombe to third, although we do have a much better GD than Exeter so assuming that remains the same we can finish on same points as them and still finish above them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

A big game tonight indeed, if Wycombe fail to beat both Lincoln and also Accy on Sat then you think the automatic promotion door is slightly ajar. A win for Wycombe in either match and you would say we are play-off bound.

Interesting times

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still think we can do it and get automatic promotion and we will know by 5pm on Saturday one way or another whether the door is is still ajar which it is currently.

We can't worry about teams below us (regardless of games in hand) now, only catching Wycombe so a Lincoln win is a must. A Lincoln win will also push Mansfield out of the top seven and they have 67 points so the gap between us and 8th place would still remain at 6 points with Mansfield having played the same amount of games as us.

Mansfield can finish on 76 points, and Lincoln 82. Therefore it's better for Mansfield to be in 8th place than Lincoln at the moment to mathematically wrap the playoff places up as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~ easy peasy, its above the shift bar on my laptop, hold shift and press button # above.
    Found it ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ta!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast