+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neilson contract

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Like most I feel we are on to a good thing with RN but a contract extension would suit all parties in the summer, if we are promoted.
    On the subject I would like wee McMullan getting a new deal and Safranko signed permanently asap.
    Agreed re Safranko but I’d think Aalborg may be looking for a fee. Don’t know what situation is if they are chipping in on his wages.

RN says he wants a trimmed squad. Makes sense to get rid of players we don’t need in Jan (is toshney still on the books?) and then sign up the core players longer term in Jan as well as couple extra

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Agreed re Safranko but I’d think Aalborg may be looking for a fee. Don’t know what situation is if they are chipping in on his wages.

RN says he wants a trimmed squad. Makes sense to get rid of players we don’t need in Jan (is toshney still on the books?) and then sign up the core players longer term in Jan as well as couple extra
    Toshney I believe is contracted til the summer and because of his injuries he probably won't move on until then, similar to likes of Deniz.
    Suggest first player to move on would be Barton. All the players applaud fans at the end of QOS game except him as he's in the cream puff with us. Get well rid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Toshney I believe is contracted til the summer and because of his injuries he probably won't move on until then, similar to likes of Deniz.
    Suggest first player to move on would be Barton. All the players applaud fans at the end of QOS game except him as he's in the cream puff with us. Get well rid.
    From watching stuff on arabzone, i get the impression that everyone here will be given a chance to show what they can contribute to the team. Toshney should be fit for the January window, so what happens then for him will tell its own story. As for Deniz, i hope he gets fit as i think he is a better option than the 2 we have, although Siegrist did ok when called upon last Saturday.

Cant argue about Barton, i just hope we can get someone in of a better standard than the Rabbit, although i would like to see if he is better under RN.

Need to trim the likes of Scobbie first though!

Toshney to Falkirk in January maybe?

Think Scobbie will be back as is likely one of the players on his list of not good enough that he was alluding to at weekend.

Stuck with Barton as think he only got gig here because Csaba was only one after him and he’d no place to go, even less options now after getting found out here.

Robson away.....more likely ride out remainder as also not got a queue forming for him at moment.

Or get some “deal” packages together to get them off the wage bill as unlikely to be needed here.

We have finally appointed a manager but the problem is due to the continued incompetence of Martin he is working with a squad assembled by an idiot,if Neilson is only contracted to the end of the season he needs an extension NOW,failure in this department could lead to him going head to head with us next season as the ST Mirren or Funster boss leaving us in oblivion for at least another season.
    He may get us up this season but the timing of his appointment makes that a difficult proposition whereas in my opinion it was a certainty if he was brought in last season.

Thon boy Barton is getting close to a starting slot beside Mols and Myers. Nicholls is on the "wing". Centre-halves would be Alsford and Darren Patterson. Right-back John McQuillan, left-back Scott McCulloch. Keeper Jorgensen.

Can anyone fill in the rest of the "team?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Thon boy Barton is getting close to a starting slot beside Mols and Myers. Nicholls is on the "wing". Centre-halves would be Alsford and Darren Patterson. Right-back John McQuillan, left-back Scott McCulloch. Keeper Jorgensen.

I always like to see Walter Rojas make appearance, maybe alongside Alex Mathie

That team is brutal, how Allan Smert and Jean Jacques Misse-Misse up top.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcclean View Post
    whoah whoah whoah there cowboy. neilson has made a good start and so far that is it. So did csaba, and thank gawd we didn't extend his contract.

Fwiw, i have a good feeling about rn but let's take it game at a time and see where it takes us.
    this!!!!!

Brian Donkey Graham and Shala up front

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)