+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 252 of 949 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 9485

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yawn, you’d be one of the first to moan if we went and parked the bus like Dundee did.
    Also your dismissive that Celtic respect us more than the likes of Dundee and raise their game when they play us, their nearest challengers.
    It comes across as if you’d be happy to be like a Dundee as long as we weren’t whitewashed.
    I agree with you that Celtic and Sevco raise their game against us. The issue is us not raising our game against them.

You will never admit it but our record against them this season is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So is that everyone bar us with a point at least from the c@nt cousins.
    was just away to say exactly the same Pac, our record against the ugly sister is fkn embarrassing, only team in the fkn league till now to have not taken a single point of any of the @rse cheeks, when some of the teams who have are fkn rank rotten yet they can do it now and again, why the fk can't we.
    I know the DM happy clappers will start pinging pelters at us for mentioning this but we cannot hide from the fact that we are utter p1sh when it comes to the ugly sisters and appear to bottle it time after time.
    I am neither a DM happy clapper nor am I dead against the guy.
    I am just simply a dons fan who wants to see my team win every time they take to the park, I dont think there is anything wrong in wanting that, but some of the ways we have set up against the scum this season has been ridiculous and we probably would not beat cowdenbeath setting out that way

COYR
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    was just away to say exactly the same Pac, our record against the ugly sister is fkn embarrassing, only team in the fkn league till now to have not taken a single point of any of the @rse cheeks, when some of the teams who have are fkn rank rotten yet they can do it now and again, why the fk can't we.
    I know the DM happy clappers will start pinging pelters at us for mentioning this but we cannot hide from the fact that we are utter p1sh when it comes to the ugly sisters and appear to bottle it time after time.
    I am neither a DM happy clapper nor am I dead against the guy.
    I am just simply a dons fan who wants to see my team win every time they take to the park, I dont think there is anything wrong in wanting that, but some of the ways we have set up against the scum this season has been ridiculous and we probably would not beat cowdenbeath setting out that way

COYR
    SF
    Agreed.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You can polish that turd all you like but our record against them is f*cking appalling.
    Nothing new there. Been supporting the Dons since 92-93 and our record against Celtic has been consistently poor. Obviously there have been periods of utter dross in that time. 15/16 was the first time we have beaten Celtic twice in a season since 90/91. Last time we were unbeaten against Celtic was 93/94.

No comparison with our record against the Huns over the same period.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree with you that Celtic and Sevco raise their game against us. The issue is us not raising our game against them.

You will never admit it but our record against them this season is a disgrace.
    I do admit our record against the cheeks is absolutely terrible against the cheeks.
    I do criticise DM for some tactics tried in those games.
    I do recognise the different things he has tried and in the first Celtic game at Pittodrie, recognise how good they were on that night.

But surely the time to criticise is when it happens, not at every god damn opportunity that the cheeks slip up against other teams lower in the league than us.
    We’ve just had two good wins, one against a Motherwell team that the blue cheek struggled against and possibly should have lost (soft pen to get them back in the game )

We should be positive at this time to spur on wins against Hearts and Motherwell before the split.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    , but some of the ways we have set up against the scum this season has been ridiculous and we probably would not beat cowdenbeath setting out that way

COYR
    SF
    How do you propose we set up against them next time we play?
    Park the bus like Dundee? 5-4-1 sometimes 6 across the back, 10 inside their own box at times, hitting long hopeful counter attack balls.
    Hoping they don’t have their shooting boots on and that our goalkeeper keeps us in it for a point?

I do admit our record against the cheeks is absolutely terrible against the cheeks.
    I do criticise DM for some tactics tried in those games.
    I do recognise the different things he has tried and in the first Celtic game at Pittodrie, recognise how good they were on that night.

But surely the time to criticise is when it happens, not at every god damn opportunity that the cheeks slip up against other teams lower in the league than us.
    We’ve just had two good wins, one against a Motherwell team that the blue cheek struggled against and possibly should have lost (soft pen to get them back in the game )

We should be positive at this time to spur on wins against Hearts and Motherwell before the split.
    I am positive, if I wasn't I'd be in a very dark place.

Winning against Motherwell should be standard but it hasn't been up until he's been in charge. I didn't go to the game the other night hoping or just even expecting we'd lose.

But I'm not going to stop being critical just because we beat Motherwell on Tuesday. When you say "it happens" it's actually happening. You might be happy to brush it aside but considering he's been at our club for a while now, he should expect criticism.

There's one solution to stop the criticism.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 05-04-2018 at 06:18 AM.

How do you propose we set up against them next time we play?
    Park the bus like Dundee? 5-4-1 sometimes 6 across the back, 10 inside their own box at times, hitting long hopeful counter attack balls.
    Hoping they don’t have their shooting boots on and that our goalkeeper keeps us in it for a point?
    Like we tried to do the last time the Dhims came to Pittodrie you mean?

I am positive, if I wasn't I'd be in a very dark place.

Winning against Motherwell should be standard but it hasn't been up until he's been in charge. I didn't go to the game the other night hoping or just even expecting we'd lose.

But I'm not going to stop being critical just because we beat Motherwell on Tuesday. When you say "it happens" it's actually happening. You might be happy to brush it aside but considering he's been at our club for a while now, he should expect criticism.
    There's a saying in football. "You're only as god as your last game"
    I take that to mean that you reflect positively when playing well and winning, but take the opportunity to reflect and constructively criticise when not playing well or losing games.

We're just off the back of two good wins. Beating Motherwell, a team we have struggled with (In the Louis Moult games) and the cheeks have also struggled with.
    Before that we beat a team (that has in recent years provided a bit of a bogey team for us) by three goals for the third time this year.

So a time to reflect positively (Although I also acknowledge the first half hour against St Johnstone was a very tough watch.)

I'm not going to bear a grudge or harp back to 7 games ago (Celtic) or 13 games ago (SevCo). There's no value in that.
    The next opportunity to analyse and critique our performances against the cheeks is in the post split games.
    For now, I look forward positively and hope we bring our good form into the Hearts game on Saturday

Stand Free and COME ON YOU REDS!

There's one solution to stop the criticism.
    That wouldn't work, you'd just bemoan the next manager for not running away with the league

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Like we tried to do the last time the Dhims came to Pittodrie you mean?
    I'm interested to know what blowupsheep's thoughts are on how we set up, given that this was a successful strategy for Dundee last night.
    Its been criticised in here for doing so the last time.

what do you think was different between our attempts and Dundee's last night?

Page 252 of 949 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352752 ... LastLast