+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DFC Thomson bias

DFC Thomson bias

I am always surprised when I don't find any United articles in the Courier when sometimes there are two Dundee FC ones but today was amazing. So we sign an Argentinian defender and what do we get?

Name:  IMG_4190.jpg
Views: 2214
Size:  91.2 KB

oh yes and the Dee have such a pretty strip on the opposite page!

Name:  IMG_4191.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  92.6 KB

The strip isn't even dark blue, have they changed their colours?

they absolutely adore that Kerr too.

Dundee’s Garry Kenneth

Wtf is that on the front of the Funs strip

Looks absolutely ridiculous.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post

I’d say it’s on a par with the keech coloured sleeves on that united strip a couple of seasons ago

Its only a guess but i think the Switch on the front of the shirt is to celebrate being back where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    they absolutely adore that Kerr too.

Dundee’s Garry Kenneth
    That is some team photo,i take it the rest are on the bus with the wee man with the 7 page thread.

That's an insult to Scottish Cup winner kenza, he is very underrated, a prime Kenneth would be way too good for our level now.. OK he was at his best next to Webster but energy before then he did a good job many times in a very good Utd side who regularly finished top 5 in strong top flights

It's absolutely honking, their last one was aswell with the two tone hoops, guggit, not even dark blue, I was interested as they have changed to macron, hope they do a better job for us, it's not difficult to make a smart kit with our colours.. Nike were ok half the time, had the odd classic in their such as 2013/14 home and away but also the brown looking sleeve effort, hummel did a good job for the first two years before a poor effort third time

[QUOTE=shedka;39248079]That's an insult to Scottish Cup winner kenza, he is very underrated, a prime Kenneth would be way too good for our level now.. OK he was at his best next to Webster but energy before then he did a good job many times in a very good Utd side who regularly finished top 5 in strong top flights

No really an insult,Kenneth was the better defender but Kerr although limited in ability is more professional off the pitch.The Dee has made the grade through sheer hard work and a tremendous work ethic,the Arab had the world at his feet but spent too many nights in the pub.
    Its an age old Scottish problem i'm afraid but if Garry had Cammy's attributes off the pitch he would have played in the English Championship or at a push their top league.I like to see local lad's making the first team's of both the city club's and i like Cammy cos his mum was once a die-hard Arab,FACT.

I don't care who makes the funs team local or not

Despite those obvious flaws Kenneth still had a very good career before the lifestyle caught up, his attitude on the park was generally spot on, he gave his all for the cause and contributed to a very good Utd side for years and helped us lift silverware, none more so than with Webster unavailable in the quarter final him and Dods partnered against the champions at ibrox and the replay at Tannadice, he played the final and during our run to 3rd, he also played in the league cup final of 2008 and all during our revival under Levein, as a younger player in 2005 he came into the team in the last few months of the season when we did the great escape, played in the relegation derby plus the semi and final of the cup

Kerr may not have those type of flaws but despite that he hasn't got to near Kenneth's level so far, looks distinctly average to me when I've seen him tbh, but like a poor man's Jamie McCunnie, fact (imo)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)