+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Derby is one of strangest places I've been to. Railway station is miles from actual town centre.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Spot on Dools.

Even nar a visit to Crewe or Rochdale is far mooar enjoyable than a sanitised visit to a soulless bowl located in an empty arta tarn place like Derby or Bolton.

Can't comment on Bolton but Pride Park stadium doesn't seem to me to be like many of the other modern grounds
    It's a good stadium & is 2 or three hundred metres from the Railway station which in turn is about 7 or 8 hundred metres fom the town centre & is a far more pleasant walk along the side of the Derwent than from Barnsley town centre to Oakwell which in itself is relatively in the middle of nowhere

I apologise to the good people of Derby.
    Av allus approached it from the rear off the A52 and parked on an industrial estate a mile frum grarnd cossit wo free.
    Azza walked to grarnd double deckers were arriving bringing fans.
    A nivva got the impression it wo in the heart of the community wi local boozers.

Av allus approached it from the rear off the A52 and parked on an industrial estate a mile frum grarnd cossit wo free.
    A nivva got the impression it wo in the heart of the community wi local boozers.
    That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I'm hoping they get promoted this season , if we go down ?? It would be great to go again , last time i went a worra littul lad , 7 onnus inna Moggie Tharsand shooitin brake a think Roy Croppas gorrit nar
    I knew tha reminded me of somebody off Corrie Roma,but it was Hayley Cropper more than Roy. Only jestin mi owd mucker.I was once a member of Colchester United's supporters/social club,we went in our 4th division championship winnin season in 1982 and the club/bar was above the away end and they wunt let us in unless we joined,so we did abart 20 of us,they were sendin reminders to renew for abart 10 years after the sloppy Es*** gits. UTCB

Oh you mean like Oakwell?

Or even the Crown Ground
    It's even further from Accrington town centre than Pride Park is to Derby city centre & as I recall there 's not many [if any ] local boozers around the Crown [the Wham]
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 20-03-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Spot on Dools.

Even nar a visit to Crewe or Rochdale is far mooar enjoyable than a sanitised visit to a soulless bowl located in an empty arta tarn place like Derby or Bolton.

Can't comment on Bolton but Pride Park stadium doesn't seem to me to be like many of the other modern grounds
    It's a good stadium & is 2 or three hundred metres from the Railway station which in turn is about 7 or 8 hundred metres fom the town centre & is a far more pleasant walk along the side of the Derwent than from Barnsley town centre to Oakwell which in itself is relatively in the middle of nowhere
    Correct Exile , only been wunce , train frum Sheffuld abart an hour , grarnd ovva to left , abart hafe a mile, think we wun 3-2 rememba Da Silva gerrin on scoorsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Or even the Crown Ground
    It's even further from Accrington town centre than Pride Park is to Derby city centre & as I recall there 's not many [if any ] local boozers around the Crown [the Wham]
    Correct ageeun Exile , Crown ground , wen Animal sed Peel ground it dint ring a bell wimee, and for a chance of an hatrick ? Enny photos on a moggy thousand , Flemish green wi wooden winda frames , that's your homework dun fo this week then !!

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I knew tha reminded me of somebody off Corrie Roma,but it was Hayley Cropper more than Roy. Only jestin mi owd mucker.I was once a member of Colchester United's supporters/social club,we went in our 4th division championship winnin season in 1982 and the club/bar was above the away end and they wunt let us in unless we joined,so we did abart 20 of us,they were sendin reminders to renew for abart 10 years after the sloppy Es*** gits. UTCB
    Ya cheeky Bleedah

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye I was there for that 0-0 , reds fans feighting with Colchester lads in goalmouth while match were going on , Gary Pierce trying to restore order .

Old Manor Ground at Oxford , must have had 8 different stands , still remember entrance to Away End , Cuckoo Lane turnstiles .

Tell thi summat else n all , area around Stamford Bridge was dodgy in the early 80's not like today with all these million pound plus apartments .

Scrap yards and high rise council tower blocks , bad hoyle back then , shyte missen getting off bus and walking to ground .
    Chelsea early 80s , went wi White Bear up Keck , a sed nivva ageeun wi that lot a think we won two nowt ? Went wi em to Notts County wen Howard Kendal were in charge, they took ovva a pub at side ov river trent , helpin themselves behind bar , last outing wi them Barmpots , we wun Kendal got sack , and wa later found inniz office blind drunk wi an empty whisky bottle , according to sum reports ennyrooard ,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast