+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    It won't be dropping points to an AFC team. Rest of the league v Them

taken from the hat Won v Celtic:

Hearts

Drew v Celtic:

Hibs
    Motherwell
    Kilmarnock
    St Johnstone
    Hibs

Won v Sevco:
    St Johnstone
    Dundee
    Hamilton
    Motherwell
    Hibs
    Kilmarnock

Drew v Sevco:
    Partick
    Hearts
    Kilmarnock

Rest of league versus Celtic & Sevco -

7 wins, 8 draws

Aberdeen versus Celtic & Sevco -

4 losses
    0-3, 0-3, 1-2, 0-3

Brutal reading. The context of the post I hope is clear. DM is intimidated and sh1tes himself in certain fixtures.
    Taken in context that they raise their game against us and drop focus against lesser sides.
    Thus we find it harder than other teams.
    It’s called complacency on Celtics part

I recall the same as a player.
    We would all raise our games for our closest rivals but sometimes be complacent against so-called easier teams

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Very well put in an explained manner. I would have just put that the Happy clappers are the real pant pishers as they absolutely would wet their breeks at the thought of having to change our manager, tactics and approach.
    To the happy clapping society...enjoy roasting your nuts on the fire as you watch the highlights of us getting another beating in Glasgow.
    You’ve got the wrong mindset, as a happy clapper, we focus on the 4-1 victory over Hibs, accept the defeat at Celtic and look forward to a win on Wednesday night.

Remember, as a happy clapper, I can too be critical of DM.
    I can’t comment on the Celtic game as I was not there.

It’s the festive period, a time to rejoice and be happy.
    Pop on over to the happy side, it’s far better than being a Scrooge

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We’ve lost 8/8 against showbiz teeth. Would you like the context to be wider than that?
    Yes, that’s one team with a budget far greater than ours.
    The league does not lie and it shows that we are better than the other 10 teams in the league.
    That’s a wider context

Why do you never accept any factual content? You want reasoned debate.
    Why is there an excuse, complacency now on Celtic part. The last 25 home league fixtures against AFC they have never let their focus slip once. Won every single match. This is 100% determination? Not that AFC are beat when the fixture list is announced?
    There is nothing reasoned in your opinion. You love AFC and you love DM more. That's fine, your choice. I believe we are petrified and hugely intimidated visiting Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You’ve got the wrong mindset, as a happy clapper, we focus on the 4-1 victory over Hibs, accept the defeat at Celtic and look forward to a win on Wednesday night.

Remember, as a happy clapper, I can too be critical of DM.
    I can’t comment on the Celtic game as I was not there.

It’s the festive period, a time to rejoice and be happy.
    Pop on over to the happy side, it’s far better than being a Scrooge
    I wasn’t at the match either but watched it via a stream with a few fellow Dons. Our approach is that bad that one of my mates had his back to the tv and wasn’t interested in watching.
    As a club we should give our all whether we play Hibs at home or Celtic away....that includes our manager.
    Maybe he should get dropped for matches against Celtic under Rodgers....give the Doc, Sheerin, Robson or whoever a chance at it. It might be the kick up the @rse he needs!

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Why do you never accept any factual content? You want reasoned debate.
    Why is there an excuse, complacency now on Celtic part. The last 25 home league fixtures against AFC they have never let their focus slip once. Won every single match. This is 100% determination? Not that AFC are beat when the fixture list is announced?
    There is nothing reasoned in your opinion. You love AFC and you love DM more. That's fine, your choice. I believe we are petrified and hugely intimidated visiting Glasgow.
    Not quite.
    I accept facts and reality.
    You need a real dose of reality.

The budget difference for us playing Celtic is like them playing PSG or Barcelona.
    When did they last win away against a big budget team in Europe.
    That’s the context.

Playing against us, their nearest rivals is a 6 pointer in regards they got beat from Hearts, yet we only gained 3 points then, however head to head provide the different between coming within 2 points or dropping to 8 points behind.

Maybe you need to realise the facts. Celtic are a club with significantly more resources than us.
    They can buy our best player from last year and stop our most creative player this year from playing against them.

Rogers has been a massive difference to them. I do admire his ability to spot developments and adapt.
    He is fortunate to have the resources to do so.
    DM has tried differing tactics, which Rogers has done well to counter.
    He will continue to try, but you need to realise the facts are of how hard it is to achieve this.
    That’s the reality

I wasn’t at the match either but watched it via a stream with a few fellow Dons. Our approach is that bad that one of my mates had his back to the tv and wasn’t interested in watching.
    As a club we should give our all whether we play Hibs at home or Celtic away....that includes our manager.
    Maybe he should get dropped for matches against Celtic under Rodgers....give the Doc, Sheerin, Robson or whoever a chance at it. It might be the kick up the @rse he needs!
    Maybe it’s your perception of football.
    There are others in here who watched the game with a different viewpoint of the game

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yes, that’s one team with a budget far greater than ours.
    The league does not lie and it shows that we are better than the other 10 teams in the league.
    That’s a wider context
    Their budget is bigger than the league combined. I’m not going into these games expecting to win. I expect us to try & win them though. I didn’t have any complaints after the Scottish Cup Final. Thought the tactics were spot on, we went out & have them a right good game. We were unlucky in that match & on another day, it might’ve went our way. We weren’t unlucky yesterday, or the league cup final or when we were 3 down after 10mins because showbiz teeth made a simple tactical change which our manager couldn’t deal with.

There’s teams with smaller budgets than ours that give them a harder game. Add in the games against the Huns & there’s a fairly obvious pattern there

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Their budget is bigger than the league combined. I’m not going into these games expecting to win. I expect us to try & win them though. I didn’t have any complaints after the Scottish Cup Final. Thought the tactics were spot on, we went out & have them a right good game. We were unlucky in that match & on another day, it might’ve went our way. We weren’t unlucky yesterday, or the league cup final or when we were 3 down after 10mins because showbiz teeth made a simple tactical change which our manager couldn’t deal with.

There’s teams with smaller budgets than ours that give them a harder game. Add in the games against the Huns & there’s a fairly obvious pattern there
    Why then, if we are so dire and tactically dire are we sitting 2nd in the league?
    Why are we 11 points ahead of Hearts?
    Why are we 6 ahead of Hibs?
    Why are we 3 ahead of SevCo?

Why are these teams so better than us, yet not ahead of us.

DM and co must be providing more consistency than them is the answer.
    The league doesn’t lie and it appears you’d rather be in the bottom 6 but able to get a draw off Celtic to keep you happy.

Did he really. I think not but it's a cool story anyway. Remember the time my mate sat with his back to the telly for 90 minutes.

I assume you appreciate that every player gave his all yesterday. I assume that since you watched it you will accept that Aberdeen were the better side right up until the deflected goal. I assume you will accept that the second goal was just as unlucky to lose and the third was a sloppy individual error.

All small margins. Given the personnel that was available to Aberdeen yesterday McInnes got it spot on.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast