+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wolves (away)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Do one Alfi
    Oh ye of little faith Sven

Today's result wasn't bad. It's what happened in the other games that has done for us.
    We're just not firing in attack now, and we probably missed Mahoney.
    If Villa don't beat Birmingham, we've had it.

Well done, Villa. Now, we just have to BEAT Villa ourselves and draw against Brentford. Then, with two draws, at best, for Birmingham, we are safe.
    Easy...........................

Trouble is Aucks, its that 100% desire and commitment in our entire squad, it just doesn't seem to be there.
    From what i gleaned from the vs Wolves commentary, we seemed to be set up correctly for a smash and grab (which is what all have been calling for). But once we gain the offensive advantage our squad are simply too scared to press home.
    As i expected Wolves, were not the highly anti BRFC motivated squad many feared. They sounded more 'disinterested' if anything. Again another glorious opportunity to gain some breathing space squandered.
    Many are saying its down to TM, but i don't totally buy into that, These are not children, they are grown professionals who should have sufficient pride and drive from within without having to be energised.
    Unless this squad suddenly find the necessary wherewithal within themselves (esp within nervy Ewood) this Sat i see this going the wrong way entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Trouble is Aucks, its that 100% desire and commitment in our entire squad, it just doesn't seem to be there.
    From what i gleaned from the vs Wolves commentary, we seemed to be set up correctly for a smash and grab (which is what all have been calling for). But once we gain the offensive advantage our squad are simply too scared to press home.
    As i expected Wolves, were not the highly anti BRFC motivated squad many feared. They sounded more 'disinterested' if anything. Again another glorious opportunity to gain some breathing space squandered.
    Many are saying its down to TM, but i don't totally buy into that, These are not children, they are grown professionals who should have sufficient pride and drive from within without having to be energised.
    Unless this squad suddenly find the necessary wherewithal within themselves (esp within nervy Ewood) this Sat i see this going the wrong way entirely.
    Well, the proof of the pudding, Despair....if they aren't up for the Villa game, TM might as well give up and retire to his garden, because - as you say - the motivation shouldn't have to come from him. Villa are not even going to have much to play for. (Some of their fans would like Rovers to win, if it ensures Birmingham's relegation!)
    Obviously, there will be nerves on our part, and probably a lack of patience, but we should surely see a sense of desperate commitment, especially with a good crowd fully behind the team.
    Passion aside, though, it worries me that the goal-scorers seem to have lost confidence.
    I hope Mahoney is fit. The stats show he does get a lot of dangerous crosses in. A good time for one of the centre-backs to score from a set-piece too.

I know I keep on about this 😉
    But with regards 'motivation', despite the ridiculous salaries those involved in the game are on,
    Just pondering the 'situation' after reading TM's piece in the LT recently where he is pointing out the lives affected by a 'failure'.
    This for who ?
    He is wise enough to know we ALL are fully aware , so for me it spells desperation - demoralisation if you like.
    It's the spectre of the absent landlords and their seemingly couldn't really care less aura.
    This when he his bashing his brains out when trying to rescue their 'holed life raft'.
    That certainly must be super inspirational, and thus 'filter down'!

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I know I keep on about this ��
    But with regards 'motivation', despite the ridiculous salaries those involved in the game are on,
    Just pondering the 'situation' after reading TM's piece in the LT recently where he is pointing out the lives affected by a 'failure'.
    This for who ?
    He is wise enough to know we ALL are fully aware , so for me it spells desperation - demoralisation if you like.
    It's the spectre of the absent landlords and their seemingly couldn't really care less aura.
    This when he his bashing his brains out when trying to rescue their 'holed life raft'.
    That certainly must be super inspirational, and thus 'filter down'!
    Excellent points, Despair. There has been a sense of vacuum for so long now.

I dont know how Wolves played tonight in the 0-1 loss against Huddersfield, but the pressure is off them and that might be the chance Blackburn need. Dont you find sometimes though that teams who have allegedly nothing to play for, can give you the toughest match of the season!!

I completely ballsed up last night guys, as I thought your next match was away at Wolves.
    But nobody on here noticed and nobody has even mentioned it... so I think I might have got away with it
    Last edited by Acido; 26-04-2017 at 11:41 PM.

You confused me mightily there Acido, but I was heading out on my travels or I would have posted : 'Eh ????'
    Note: being away now means I am saved the stress of Ewood this Sat !
    Last edited by Despair; 28-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)