+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In credit with your energy bills.

In credit with your energy bills.

With bills going up again in April, I don't mind having this buffer.
    My gas is £580 in credit and the leccy is £380 in credit.
    For some who are struggling, the way they access what DD per month you pay is way off.

I dont do Direct Debit and certainly would never ever have a flippin smart meter. Not that they are that smart anyway.

Never have a smart meter - worst thing you can do!! Hugely over estimate readings prior to charges increasing which is the way to pay at the old tariffs!

In credit myself, though for rather less!. Not saying the money wouldn't be of use elsewhere but it's tighten belts time and with the uncertainty of what will happen to energy prices continuing I'm happy to have this buffer too. I do get the argument however of many have who think it unscrupulous at best for energy companies to be holding on to their money when they need it themselves but in my own case the amount isn't significant enough and I'd rather keep it where it is and be used on my energy bill than take it out and risk the temptation of spending it elsewhere. Guess it's down to individuals but energy companies should make their customers aware and give them clear option of refunds if applicable.

Hi ,we haven't got a smart meter.
    We used to pay every quarter, then with out warning the changed us to monthly.

Never understood the opposition to Smart Meters.
    They record what you use and you get charged for it! Whether or not they might over estimate what you use is irrelevant as it will just go towards a credit on your bill....which you may or may not wish to reclaim?

We are about a £1k in credit for the dual fuel bill but I'm quite happy for it to sit with them should anything untoward happen in my life.

I genuinely don't think the energy companies are "out to get you" by asking you to have a smart meter. It just saves them having to send someone round to check your meter every few months, and you from having to poke around in whatever god awful spider pit you have your meter to read it.

Glad we haven't got a water meter, we have just had the drive dug up for a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Glad we haven't got a water meter, we have just had the drive dug up for a leak.
    Talking of digging up drives, I've been hearing quite a bit lately about people having issues with BT upgrades. In a few cases this has meant that old cables have to be dug up and replaced. Not surprising then that many customers are refusing the work to be done when it involves such disruption. Anyone else heard of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Talking of digging up drives, I've been hearing quite a bit lately about people having issues with BT upgrades. In a few cases this has meant that old cables have to be dug up and replaced. Not surprising then that many customers are refusing the work to be done when it involves such disruption. Anyone else heard of this?
    Hi, I used to work BT.
    Our house is fed UG for BT, although we are with Virgin media which has up to now a faster broadband.
    BT are now rolling out fibre straight to the house, but are doing it the cheap way of erecting telegraph poles.
    Company has gone downhill since I left.

I'm also in credit (Gas & Leccy) My supplier wanted me to increse my DD quite a bit but I resisted and picked my own amount - Just about evening itself out now. I do have a smart meter, but I find I get quite neurotic about watching what I'm using.

I opted to join this energy saving buisness at peak time - so far I've been awarded £0.68p !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)