+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Brien Signs

Very happy with this signing. Just the kind of player we need. Shows serious intent from both the manager and the owner. The kind of player we've missed all season. This and the news on Enzio on the same day is a big positive step.

Moving out loan signings seems a positive too, the club clearly want to maximise use of the loan market.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    That's great ! Positive action at the right end of the January window , rather than panic, and dross at the other
    Agree

Some of my Forest mates are saying he is another over the hill journeyman with many previous clubs.

No pleasing some people.

Let’s hope he stays injury free. It’s this type of signing that makes me wonder why Hardy gets so much stick.

Spot on Big Un. Couldnt agree more. Well posted.

Our new Paul Harding type of player

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Let’s hope he stays injury free. It’s this type of signing that makes me wonder why Hardy gets so much stick.
    He got the stick for hyping up players such as Virtue (shedding a tear) and Husin. The last two transfer windows were a "future England" manager disaster and hopefully AH, NA will have given us a chance of rescuing the situation which will put as back to where we were when AH took over 2 years ago.

On paper these are two signings we could have done with in the summer. But still, good looking business done early and hopefully NA has a better idea for what is needed at our level than former premiership stars.

The business done so far is very encouraging; however the proof will be on the pitch. I think the chairman has clearly shown that he remains very committed to the cause.

Let's hope we all get the rewards our support deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Our new Paul Harding type of player
    If he is, then it's exactly what we need, a new pitbull!

I can't really judge whether this is a good signing or not because I can't recall having seen the lad play before, but Neal Ardley's assessment of what we've been missing sounds spot on and if Jim O'Brien is capable of giving us that, then we should improve. He's certainly played enough games in his career to suggest he's been a first-team level player wherever he's gone.

Plus, if you're looking to add a bit more aggression to your team, you generally can't go wrong signing a Scot. As Bill Shankly said:

"If you’ve got three Scots in your side, you’ve got a chance of winning something. If you’ve got any more, you’re in trouble!"

If the comments on Bradford City's 'Bantam Talk' message board are anything to go by, we've got ourselves a good and influential player!

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?thr...m-obrien.1898/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast