+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If The Takeover Does Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Eventually we'll come unstuck though
    James Cryne doesnt want the club. We've that bunch of pill ocks coming back on train from Crawley to thank for that.

Se long asswiv gorra club a dunt care, even if weewent non league ad still gu,
    wi cud ev sum reyt pit booit Derbies ageeunst Reccas, Briggas , SLdeedahs,

Keep the Faith ( Amoff darn t flyovva nar t taunt them Smoggies )

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Eventually we'll come unstuck though
    James Cryne doesnt want the club. We've that bunch of pill ocks coming back on train from Crawley to thank for that.
    Thick skin is a pre requisite for high level involvement in a football club , we got battered that day and we were a disgrace .

Hob nobbing in hospitality suites are only part of it , rough with the smooth .

sadly PC is not expected to last the season out prob between xmas and his passing he will be in no fit state to run a bath never mind the club.

its already known his family are not interested in continuing running the club as is.

the club must be sold to someone this season pref before xmas.

Don't believe the Daily Mail it's happening I'm telling yer !

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Just out of interest , what would you like to happen if you don't want the club to be taken over. Not just to you Jonny but anyone who says they don't want it to come off
    When I said we I was actually referring to a number of fans who didn't want the takeover. Personally I can see both sides. It would be nice to compete on a more even keel but on the other hand foreign investment always seems dangerous and would it be so bad to carry on as we have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    When I said we I was actually referring to a number of fans who didn't want the takeover. Personally I can see both sides. It would be nice to compete on a more even keel but on the other hand foreign investment always seems dangerous and would it be so bad to carry on as we have in the past.
    Yes it would be bad to keep selling our top talent and ending up back in league one in my opinion .

We have a history at this level that needs respecting and have always possessed the potential to grow .

I won't ever accept lower league football and I'm surprised at one or two on here who have limited ambition for the club and should know better .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yes it would be bad to keep selling our top talent and ending up back in league one in my opinion .

We have a history at this level that needs respecting and have always possessed the potential to grow .

I won't ever accept lower league football and I'm surprised at one or two on here who have limited ambition for the club and should know better .
    Who are the one or two your referring to ? Limited ambition ? Should know better ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Who are the one or two your referring to ? Limited ambition ? Should know better ?
    Yourself and SB mi owd .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I'm guessing I'm one of the ones with limited ambition?
    There's no telling what form any kind of takeover would take. Some would be acceptable to me, but if it's anything like the ones at Wolves & Watford then it wouldn't.
    How any of those Wolves fans could feel any sort of attachment to that team tonight I don't know. I'd rather be in league one with a team I can relate to, than be top of the league with the Portugese national under 21 team wearing the red shirt.
    The difference between Wolves and Villa tonight was that at least Villa looked like a Villa team.
    A British manager with a core of British players.
    If you want to sell your soul then that's your choice. I'll watch from a distance.
    If they were to pump a few million in and keep our identity then I'm fine with that.
    It's a fine line and I won't know straight away. It's a shame PC couldn't be around for a while to mediate.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast