+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley vs Derby

Thats what happens when you play toilet defenders like shackrack and unfit injury players like thorne

Not bothered about the cup anyway,, we created a lot of chances with our rabble 2nd string which is pleasing though.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Thats what happens when you play toilet defenders like shackrack and unfit injury players like thorne.
    What exactly is a toilet defender DC, is it a player who stands outside the bogs and refuses to let anybody in who looked dodgy ?.

Totally agree with Manx and let's face it, a trip to Wembley in such circumstances - when it's just Spurs' temporary home - doesn't really count.
    Rowett could hardly win last night. He'd have been crucified if the likes of Huddleston and Vydra had played last night and subsequently not been available on Saturday and now he's criticised for having a look at the 'seconds'.
    The only teams who really take this Cup seriously are those who think they can win it and use it as a route into Europe. We aren't one of those and while it would have been nice to win, we didn't and there's more important things to come, so let's move on.

P.S. In a way it actually reminds me of the importance of having 'reserves' and being able to provide games against 'meaningful' opposition. Used to like hearing about prospects coming through the reserves and 'stars' returning via that route after injury. It acted as an 'in between' stage that doesn't really seem to exist anymore.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-09-2017 at 07:04 AM.

I hope the petals that were rested last night put in a good performance on Saturday. We need them to be all-firing to secure our mid-table finish that we must concentrate on.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I hope the petals that were rested last night put in a good performance on Saturday. We need them to be all-firing to secure our mid-table finish that we must concentrate on.
    I actually see it more as giving some others a chance rather than resting players, it's not like we've got a Champions League programme to squeeze in. Good chance for Rowett to get a look at the likes of Bennett, Thorne, Anya and give them the chance to prove themselves. Also to assess the fitness of those coming back. Sadly, I think none of them gave cause to worry the current starting XI.

Rowett made a huge risk in making 11 changes on the night in a game where Wembley was at stake and a treat for the fans to look forward to but it's these kind of drastic risk taking moves, that can either cost you or win you championships and on this occasion it cost us and Rowett will have to be more aware in his decision makings in the future if we are to keep consistency and pull out good results.

It's probably better to change the whole team, as it doesn't affect the flow of the first team as much as bringing in 4 or 5 players.

As far as the first team are concerned, they've had a midweek off rather than some of them playing with some other players, which would have been more disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    I actually see it more as giving some others a chance rather than resting players, it's not like we've got a Champions League programme to squeeze in. Good chance for Rowett to get a look at the likes of Bennett, Thorne, Anya and give them the chance to prove themselves. Also to assess the fitness of those coming back. Sadly, I think none of them gave cause to worry the current starting XI.
    I agree with this assessment. On paper it was a pretty decent team we put out. Only thing worrying was our weakness down the left side of our defence. Listening to the commentary it seems we had our chances to have put the game to bed before they scored out of the blue.

The starting 11 last night could easily have won last night against Barnsley but unfortunately due to poor decision making and lapse of defending we lost the lead twice and let Barnsley into the game too easily and let them control the game.

Rowett may of wanted to rest his big players for this game has we haven't got many midfielders to cover the squad so he wanted to take extra precaution in case there was any injuries and have a potential crisis on our hands. But you can say why we have not managed to sort in bringing in more midfield cover to avoid this potential situation from happening and that is the million pound question that needs to be addressed that we have been seeking all summer long for.

I see Acido is back with his silliness.
    Damn them Tykes.
    Lolz

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)