+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Amber Rudd falls on her sword.....

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well in my opinion what you tend to do is play the man and not the ball card so as to make someone's opinion less credible because it perhaps doesn't chime with yours .

A tactic I suspect you use in your place of work to destroy a key witness and so as to make out what they say as not credible even though they are possibly factually correct .

I suppose we are all guilty of it too from time to time .

It's totally fine .

You know we are all learning in life kerr as we go along our way .

What we once were and what we are now isn't necessarily a flaw if we learn and move on .
    It's not totally fine though is it animal? there's a huge rise in folk having to defend themselves in court, another resultant of this fantastic gov't that kerr supports, and basically they're sent to a pack of wolves in the form of learned solicitors/lawyers as per kerravon, who would do anything to win the case, including personally denegrating the witness, nothing short of scandalous, again, but we carry on regardless don't we, allowing these folk with well structured and finely tuned arguments that in fact have little base in the actual truth. Spin has always been a factor, but these days it's used in every walk of life regardless of the truth, indeed, it's used to mask the truth, that's what lawyers do, it's what they're paid form talking bullshyte basically.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I believe at the time ISIL held large parts of Iraq and Syria , we were seeing on the news beheadings and gay muslims getting thrown off high rise buildings .

There was talk of muslims in this country joining ISIL after getting radicalised .

I took a bus journey in Sheffield if I recall correctly to undergo treatment at a private hospital through the NHS around that time , as the journey progressed I was the only non asian on the bus and did the " what if thing " , I felt uncomfortable , barmy but none the less that's how I felt .

I got to thinking about WW2 and how we interned Germans who were here in 1939 and kept them on the isle of wight I believe because we were at war and I drew comparison's .

I was wrong because it's far more complex as kerr pointed out at the time .

I've also butted heads on here with posters regarding our involvement in the middle east which I firmly believe is wrong and has led us to the danger of terrorist attacks here in the UK just to add balance .

I was seeking a swift one size fits all solution and there isn't one .

Regrettable comments given the complexity but none the less I was looking for a solution to save innocent lifes .

That's it in a nutshell .

Appreciate the honesty here. Rare that anyone on here admits to changing their views after debate. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Four in a week though!

And FOUR actual CABINET resignations/sackings from malpractice and general fibbings in the last SIX MONTHS.

That is CABINET MINISTERS, doncha know?

Not a good look is it?

In the interests of balance, as you appear to be proposing that both sides are as bad, can you name equivalents on the Labour side of the House that have gotten themselves into allegations of corruption/scandal and should have been suspended in your view?
    Are you saying that Labour Party members are somehow morally superior to the Conservatives? If that is the case, how do you explain that the majority of prosecutions for making fraudulent expense claims were of Labour MPs?

I couldn’t name many of the Shadow Cabinet, let alone tell you what they get up to. Why would I be able to? They don’t have any power so could hardly abuse it in a way that would attract media attention. There is one member of the Shadow Cabinet who seems to have had some naughtiness brushed under the Momentum carpet though. - The Great Leader tweets his support for a blatantly anti-Semitic mural and what happens? Exactly nothing. Says it all really.

Of course you as a good and concerned member of the Labour Party could do something directly about inappropriate behaviour in the party. animal is a member of the Labour Party and a member of Momentum and would be readily identifiable by both organisations with the biographical information that he puts up. You could report his Islamophobic post to the party, but I see that you are true to type and would rather get the brush out and sweep the issue under the carpet along with anti-Semitism. He tells the board that he posted it in state of high emotions after a recent terrorist attack in which people died (twice) and then when asked which attack came before his post of 10th December 2015 he suddenly decides that, actually, he had an epiphany whilst travelling on the bus to Sheffield and you appreciate his honesty? Which version are you accepting as being the honest one?

Here is a bit more anti Muslim stuff from 2014: http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=36829763
    And here he is engaging in a bit of casual racism withTykes Mad’s finest, Gunterry36: http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38194710

Perhaps he makes a lot of bus rides?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Are you saying that Labour Party members are somehow morally superior to the Conservatives? If that is the case, how do you explain that the majority of prosecutions for making fraudulent expense claims were of Labour MPs?

I couldn’t name many of the Shadow Cabinet, let alone tell you what they get up to. Why would I be able to? They don’t have any power so could hardly abuse it in a way that would attract media attention. There is one member of the Shadow Cabinet who seems to have had some naughtiness brushed under the Momentum carpet though. - The Great Leader tweets his support for a blatantly anti-Semitic mural and what happens? Exactly nothing. Says it all really.

Of course you as a good and concerned member of the Labour Party could do something directly about inappropriate behaviour in the party. animal is a member of the Labour Party and a member of Momentum and would be readily identifiable by both organisations with the biographical information that he puts up. You could report his Islamophobic post to the party, but I see that you are true to type and would rather get the brush out and sweep the issue under the carpet along with anti-Semitism. He tells the board that he posted it in state of high emotions after a recent terrorist attack in which people died (twice) and then when asked which attack came before his post of 10th December 2015 he suddenly decides that, actually, he had an epiphany whilst travelling on the bus to Sheffield and you appreciate his honesty? Which version are you accepting as being the honest one?

Here is a bit more anti Muslim stuff from 2014: http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=36829763
    And here he is engaging in a bit of casual racism withTykes Mad’s finest, Gunterry36: http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38194710

Why dont you report me ? , you seem to have the issue more than pup .

If you feel so strongly then knock yourself out instead of hiding behind someone else .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

Can you quote where Corbyn stated his support for the actual mural??

My understanding was that he stated his support for an artist's right to convey their thoughts on the world as they see it through their art. But I'm pretty sure that he did not express his support for that mural. I may have missed something so please link me to evidence where he is supporting it. Otherwise, I'll just have you down as yet another gullible sun reader!

Four in a week though!

And FOUR actual CABINET resignations/sackings from malpractice and general fibbings in the last SIX MONTHS.

That is CABINET MINISTERS, doncha know?

Not a good look is it?

In the interests of balance, as you appear to be proposing that both sides are as bad, can you name equivalents on the Labour side of the House that have gotten themselves into allegations of corruption/scandal and should have been suspended in your view?
    Diane Abbott has her own history of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Diane Abbott has her own history of racism.
    History of racism Sharkey?

I can see one tweet where she stupidly said "white people love playing divide and rule", generalising on a single occasion the way that many posters on here do all of the time with their own objects of hate.

Careless, stupid but was involved in heated exchange on an issue she has long campaigned on. No excuses though and she apologised.

But you say she "has her own history of racism". Implying that she has on multiple occasions made racist remarks/actions.

Please could you link me to evidence to back up this claim?

Can you quote where Corbyn stated his support for the actual mural??

My understanding was that he stated his support for an artist's right to convey their thoughts on the world as they see it through their art. But I'm pretty sure that he did not express his support for that mural. I may have missed something so please link me to evidence where he is supporting it. Otherwise, I'll just have you down as yet another gullible sun reader!
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emails-suggest

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Yes, I've seen that. Corbyn has commented generally on the rights of the artist to free expression when he was asked. At that point there was no evidence that he had seen that mural.

So I repeat, Kerr claimed that "The Great Leader tweets his support for a blatantly anti-Semitic mural" - as Kerr has suddenly lost his typing fingers and you are acting as his minion, please link me to direct evidence that backs up that statement.

Yes, I've seen that. Corbyn has commented generally on the rights of the artist to free expression when he was asked. At that point there was no evidence that he had seen that mural.

So I repeat, Kerr claimed that "The Great Leader tweets his support for a blatantly anti-Semitic mural" - as Kerr has suddenly lost his typing fingers and you are acting as his minion, please link me to direct evidence that backs up that statement.
    Your comments are laughable. A glance at the mural shows it to be clearly anti-semitic. Ravingdud suggest the great leader and our future PM hadn't bothered to look at the mural before commenting!!! This is disingenuous rubbish: Corbyn's original tweet in support of the artist was not a general defence of free expression but went specifically to the content of the mural and compared it to another controversial mural which had been attacked for portraying Lenin.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast