+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: El Kessocko

It's been a while

Quote Originally Posted by MerklandRoad84 View Post
    Ross County is one of the better away days.

Nice town with good pubs and a short walk to the stadium.

Certainly superior to a number of central belt hell holes.
    Yeah I have always enjoyed County away days. Beautiful drive or easy enough to get to on the train. Only thing I would say is their fans definitely have a habit of bumping up celtics numbers when they play there. Spoke to a few of them at Aberdeen over the years and some of them say when celtic play there they go in with them 'cos it's a better bounce'. They need to hit that on the head.

Can't say I've really enjoyed games at Inverness. Don't like the stadium, their fans are a bunch of clowns and getting out of the town to the game is just a hassle. *cough, cough*

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Eh? Don't understand your first point.

As for the second, why? Should it just be the Southern Scottish League? Do you have a rational justification for this?
    I very much doubt the loon has, seems a bitter chap, anyway, per capita, Dingwall I would imagine has the best supported club in the country, a fine day out with decent pubs ....I hope the Staggies come back up.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Difficult to tell with RedTV's sporadic coverage but looks like Livi really packed them in last night.
    It’s a pretty bizarre set-up. Livingston home support have the whole of one stand side and us the other. Both goal ends would have been left unopened if it was not for our PATG customers of 757 (we took 3,757 and only sold 3,000 tickets). Given the attendance was 5,548 Livi only had 1,791 supporters which is bizarre. Actually did look like they had around 2,500.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/l...on/attendances

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Every club in that league with the exception of Alloa, have a bigger fan base. Even Dundee Utd.

It’s pretty clear that the bias shown towards the teuchter teams was a mistake. It weakened both the normal & highland leagues.
    I'm glad to see that a number of posters have jumped in to rebuff your points. When I read your post I wasn't sure whether you were on the wind up, being ignorant or just being typically Mason.

I don't understand how you can say that they have weakened the normal league. If they were both languishing at the bottom of Division 2, I would agree with you, but they're not. Both clubs spent a good number of years in the Premiership and both have won major trophies. Even now, County are top of the Championship and ICT are fourth, implying that they are the 13th and 16th best out of the 42 clubs in the leagues. Surely they have added more to the Scottish game than the numerous teams who never got out of the old division 2 and who will never get beyond the Current division 1.

Other clubs may have bigger fan bases, but their fans are obviously not attending games. If they were, their average attendances would be higher than County and ICT. They're not. Also if we're going to base league placement on attendances, let's relegate Livi and Hamilton now and promoted Dundee United !!! And Ross County.

Also by having County and ICT in the top leagues, lessens the potential of future generations of fans being automatically being drawn to the ugly sisters. If kids are taken regularly to County and ICT by their Dads, Dads with an affinity with either club, but who really support one of the ugly sisters having either never set foot in Ibrox or Parkhead, or do so once a year, then there's a greater chance that the kids will end up having County or ICT as their big team at the expense of the ugly sisters. Surely this is a good thing for Scottish football.

Also is being teuchter is going to get you barred from the league, then kick out Aberdeen, Elgin, Peterhead and the Angus clubs and just have the weegie dream of a South of Scotland SPFL.

I covered this on another thread but no sane person would ever look at the fixture list & look forward to an ICT match.

I covered this on another thread but no sane person would ever look at the fixture list & look forward to an ICT match.
    Back in 2014, I browsed the fixture list and saw we were playing ICT on the 16th March and was joyful in anticipation of the encounter, and so were 44,000 other souls

Not sure what thread you're referring to or maybe you just can't be bothered to argue the valid points I made.

Not all Dons fans are based in Dumbarton. Lots of North based Dons fans eagerly looked forward to visits to ICT and to County.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Back in 2014, I browsed the fixture list and saw we were playing ICT on the 16th March and was joyful in anticipation of the encounter, and so were 44,000 other souls
    Touché and we could have had more if it was not for plod!
    ICT were our lodgers for a while, and a few mates have played for them, tbh I would rather go to Inverness to cheer us on than the likes of some central belt towns........nothing against any of those towns, it is just good that our main rivals have less “home” games when playing “away”.

SF

Dumbarton recently played ICT in a final & took considerably more fans than they did. They couldn’t sell their allocation for the 2014 final either.

They’re clubs that add nothing. Shyte, inoffensive supports. The only Aberdeen fans that seem to get excited about these matches, all seem to be on this thread If they attract ‘large’ crowds playing each other, then that would still happen in the Highland League. Better for them & better for us.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast