+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: whinging Blades

Quote Originally Posted by banno View Post
    I think you're underplaying the difference between the 2 sets of supporters.
    The level of bitterness and sometimes hatred goes up a few notches when you're the bottom side in Sheffield. I've been to loads of derbies over the years but the one that stands out for me was the 1-0 Watson one a few years ago. I was in the SOUTH stand and surrounded with (let's say) the older gentlemen and I had never felt that level of hatred before.
    the first things the porkers (fans , players and owner) thought as soon as they crossed the line was WEDNESDAY!
    Sorry mate , you are the voice of reason but I think you're wrong on this one. Watch how they celebrate if we don't go up!
    I'm just looking at it from how I would be if the situation was reversed, yeah, I'd be disappointed if United got t'prem but would it 'ruin' an entire successful season for my Owls, unless anyone is less bothered about their own team than a rival then I don't see 'ruin' come into it.

I'm sure there will be those that it does ruin it for but in general for the majority, doesn't make sense to me, none of the Blades I know will feel their season is ruined if Wednesday go up....maybe I belong to a dying breed & the teeth gnashing haters have took over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    ...I wouldn't want them to go up but I can't imagine it would ruin a perfectly good season for my own club....it'd maybe cast a slight shadow or mean the icing on the cake might not taste as good as it could have.
    I'd say that's probably understating it.
    Having endured the scorn thrown at them over years...the embarrassment of pub league footy for a period far longer than they'd prefer....to finally get into the same league as Wednesday - then be faced with your bigger more successful rivals tilting at PL football.

Well I'm thinking even the prospect of us getting there has produced a unpleasant gnawing feeling..so that championship bound as they are, the leap forward made by the MASSIVE would be palpably, undeniably a heart-breaker for em.
    Someone should have words with Carlos...giving them blades an uncomfortable gnawing feeling in their bellies

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    I'm just looking at it from how I would be if the situation was reversed, yeah, I'd be disappointed if United got t'prem but would it 'ruin' an entire successful season for my Owls, unless anyone is less bothered about their own team than a rival then I don't see 'ruin' come into it.

I'm sure there will be those that it does ruin it for but in general for the majority, doesn't make sense to me, none of the Blades I know will feel their season is ruined if Wednesday go up....maybe I belong to a dying breed & the teeth gnashing haters have took over the world.

The haters were always in charge mate. Some of us just try and ignore them as long as possible.
    What you're forgetting is the riches of the premier league now. 1 season of top flight football can transform a club now (if done right of course).
    There is every reason for the pork to be worried that we may go up. The gulf between us that is funded by our owner at the minute as big as it may seem , would be nothing compared to WEDNESDAY spending a few seasons in the premier league.
    I won't go on, I'm hoping that it will play out for us to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe View Post
    After 6 or 7 years of miserable failure, they've topped weakest ever League 1.

Be easier to offer a well done, had it not been for the years of pissing and griping as they choked year upon year in the pub league...week after week, month after month bleating, moaning.

And that awful fuc*kin self pity "....our wan*k board, wan*k managers, wan*k overpaid players, wan*k footy style, wan*k transfer windows, wan*k playoff failure, wan*k selling off players" wall-to-wall carping...no one does whinging better

100 points...."masters of all they survey"
    They'll be bleating again soon enough
    Thanks for the 6 points in advance

The haters were always in charge mate. Some of us just try and ignore them as long as possible.
    What you're forgetting is the riches of the premier league now. 1 season of top flight football can transform a club now (if done right of course).
    There is every reason for the pork to be worried that we may go up. The gulf between us that is funded by our owner at the minute as big as it may seem , would be nothing compared to WEDNESDAY spending a few seasons in the premier league.
    You wouldn't be 'hated' if wasn't such utter arrogant ****s. Easy as. Take a looooooooooooooong hard look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by owlsmad93 View Post
    Plenty of blades make reasonable comments, thing is with any club's forum, 10 people make a decent and balanced post, 1 cu*t makes a stupid post, then the opposing club forum focuses on the 1 c*nt's post and labels the other 9 decent posters with the same brush as the c*nt.
    That'll be MSN/WAWAW/UTAH SAINTS or whatever other ID it's hiding behind. No wonder you've got such a bad reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Thanks for the 6 points in advance
    Here boy..come on jump like you've been told how!

Name:  IMG_0195.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  31.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    Look at state of some of these 'honours'.

Anyway, congratulations to them on promotion from the pub league after 6 years of trying. The video of McCabe claiming more youngsters come through the turnstyles at Bramall Lane than at Hillsborough is priceless....although I'm not sure what that has to do with them just winning promotion?

Rather than spouting nonsense with no facts to back it up, Mr McCabe should be worrying about how his team is going to compete with teams that can pay out £10 Million for Jordan Rhodes....
    Thats worked out wel hasn't it? Even bottled taking a penalty !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe View Post
    Here boy..come on jump like you've been told how!

Name:  IMG_0195.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  31.1 KB
    Try a large slice of this arrogant C U N T S

Name:  HP.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  5.7 KB

We were never worried. Turned out exactly like we said it would. You're w@nk and we know you are just accept it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)