+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Hardy and Twitter

Alan Hardy and Twitter

I don't have a Twitter account myself as social media is the work of the devil, but I do check in on Mr. Hardy occasionally. I see that he is now taking on Gary Lineker and BBC Radio 2. Hardy has done wonders for Notts County, nobody can deny that, but this ego of his is getting out of control. I wish he would just close Twitter down...because when things go wrong (which they will eventually) all of this will be used as a stick to beat him with. I'm not sure he will be able to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I don't have a Twitter account myself as social media is the work of the devil, but I do check in on Mr. Hardy occasionally. I see that he is now taking on Gary Lineker and BBC Radio 2. Hardy has done wonders for Notts County, nobody can deny that, but this ego of his is getting out of control. I wish he would just close Twitter down...because when things go wrong (which they will eventually) all of this will be used as a stick to beat him with. I'm not sure he will be able to handle it.
    He’s a big enough grown man
    Let him deal with it

I've just had a look and I agree with AH, i noticed the other day on another tweet Linekar was using what rhymes with clucking alot. He's paid from the public purse to be a national broadcaster and I believe that carries a certain responsibility to not be dropping swear words all the time on social media that kids see. The swearing wasn't even necessary, it smacked of someone trying to be hard/cool, rein it in Linekar whilst the world cup is on.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I've just had a look and I agree with AH, i noticed the other day on another tweet Linekar was using what rhymes with clucking alot. He's paid from the public purse to be a national broadcaster and I believe that carries a certain responsibility to not be dropping swear words all the time on social media that kids see. The swearing wasn't even necessary, it smacked of someone trying to be hard/cool, rein it in Linekar whilst the world cup is on.
    I agree that Lineker shouldn't be swearing, (although it's his choice) but he is an ex-footballer, not a member of royalty. This drop in standards is just a sad sign of the times.

Although when challenged, Hardy always backtracks with some sycophantic nonsense. He makes himself look foolish and cringeworthy, which is bad PR for the club. He is rubbing people up the wrong way with his opinions. It will all end in tears...just like with Fawaz. He has always been egotistical, but just recently he is stepping it up. Pipe down Alan, you haven't won anything yet.

Sign of the times, social media is here to stay. He wouldn't be the first successful businessman to have an ego and if he wants to say to Linekar your swearing is unwarranted then that's upto him. No one is perfect and yeah some of his posts are abit cringe but he's doing the business for us on the football side so leave him alone. Fawaz was in a different league of idiocy.

Don't look at twitter, I don't and his tweets don't worry me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Sign of the times, social media is here to stay. He wouldn't be the first successful businessman to have an ego and if he wants to say to Linekar your swearing is unwarranted then that's upto him. No one is perfect and yeah some of his posts are abit cringe but he's doing the business for us on the football side so leave him alone. Fawaz was in a different league of idiocy.

Don't look at twitter, I don't and his tweets don't worry me one bit.
    Dont use twitter but if all he is going is telling a paid rep of the BBC to stop using unwarranted language on social media whats the drama? I agree with him.

I note however that his spoof account has been suspended, and I'd guess at AH's (or his team's) request. Maybe he's a snowflake after all - certainly doesn't like it when things don't go his way. "Shown your kids your speeding tickets?" in response to Lineker setting a bad example.

AH asked Lineker if he could stop swearing on Twitter cos he wanted to read his tweets to his kids(?). Lineker said that he occasionally swore for emphasis and that if people didn’t like it they could unfollow.

The fact that Lineker works for the BBC is irrelevant so he can Tweet what he likes from his personal account.

So he wants to read Lineker's tweets to his kids at bedtime. FFS , whatever happened to Thomas The Tank!

Lineker has got 7.9 million followers, so I would imagine a fair few of those are kids, so yes, his tweets are getting out of order. Here is just one of a few hundred he posted this week, not big, not clever Mr Lineker.

Gary Lineker

Verified account

@GaryLineker
    12h12 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    Who the **** does he play for?

The word starred out rhymes with cook.

Another

Gary Lineker

Verified account

@GaryLineker
    19h19 hours ago
    More Gary Lineker Retweeted Piers Morgan
    None, but I shat on the pitch at a World Cup once. How many people can say that?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast