+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rallying Call

Quote Originally Posted by Baw Heid View Post
    Not long ago the manager was doing a great job considering the budget he had and the small squad but since the turn of the year the results have been poor but the budget remains the same. Game off today may be a good thing to allow the whole team to take stock and turn some reasonable 45min games into points for a 90 minute game. The bad spell is over and we will be safe this year and could still squeeze into the play offs, with a bit of luck and a fair Dumfries wind

This isn't just a unlucky blip. Before Christmas we had a dodgy patch where we went defensive every home game after a defeat to Patrick. Even last season alarm bells were ringing with our abysmal cup runs.

Any other club, seven defeats on the bounce would guarantee you the sack.

Perish the thought if he didn't have the best striker in the division.

As we stand now, where are the wins going to come from ?

What we can learn from this season is if we want to try and take the club forward or ensure some stability, get the youth set up back on track and attempt to claw some lost fans back is Naysmith has to be shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    well if we get through this and are still in the championship what lessons have been learned ? and do you lot think queens will address them for the next season or are we just prelonging our stay in the championship ?
    Just concerned with this year but with most of the contracts and loans up at the end of the season I would expect big changes Could even be part time

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    This isn't just a unlucky blip. Before Christmas we had a dodgy patch where we went defensive every home game after a defeat to Patrick. Even last season alarm bells were ringing with our abysmal cup runs.

What we can learn from this season is if we want to try and take the club forward or ensure some stability, get the youth set up back on track and attempt to claw some lost fans back is Naysmith has to be shown the door.
    No argument with that although the manager and Dobbie were punching above our weight in the first part of the season and need credit for that. For me the down turn was when unrest seemed to be evident. Stirling not playing or on the bench and Harkins (the 60 min man) doing a runner. My opinion is that we should be set up to enable others to score not just the great Dobbie. By the way I am not a Harkins fan but Dobbie is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Let's all hope so Baw Heid especially this being the centenary year. We just needs things to run for us which they have not been doing so recently and Mr Dobbie to find those shooting boots once again then I think we will be fine.
    Yesterdays draw means survival is in our hands I'm confident

Quote Originally Posted by Baw Heid View Post
    No argument with that although the manager and Dobbie were punching above our weight in the first part of the season and need credit for that. For me the down turn was when unrest seemed to be evident. Stirling not playing or on the bench and Harkins (the 60 min man) doing a runner. My opinion is that we should be set up to enable others to score not just the great Dobbie. By the way I am not a Harkins fan but Dobbie is fantastic
    Agree.

If every game this season we went out playing the best attacking line up possible, we would never have been in this predicament.

Far too often Naysmith shows the opposition too much respect , basically over managers a situation instead of us going out to play our own game.

Agree.

If every game this season we went out playing the best attacking line up possible, we would never have been in this predicament.

Far too often Naysmith shows the opposition too much respect , basically over managers a situation instead of us going out to play our own game.
    I too have said on several occasions that Naysmith over analyses the opposition when we should be looking to play to our strengths but recently he has tried that with the wing backs but silly goals have let us down far too often so we cannot be over critical of his recent tactics considering the misfiring front line. The lack of squad strength has certainly come back to bite us resulting in players out of position, uncomfortable in their assigned roles when players are missing through injury. I would have retained some of the more promising youth players and slowly blooded them to the Championship giving us more in the way of strength in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I too have said on several occasions that Naysmith over analyses the opposition when we should be looking to play to our strengths but recently he has tried that with the wing backs but silly goals have let us down far too often so we cannot be over critical of his recent tactics considering the misfiring front line. The lack of squad strength has certainly come back to bite us resulting in players out of position, uncomfortable in their assigned roles when players are missing through injury. I would have retained some of the more promising youth players and slowly blooded them to the Championship giving us more in the way of strength in depth.

If we are relegated then the squad size will most definitely have played its part. It’ll be financially disasters if we go down this season.

i agree deek we need to get a good youth setup here at palmy that has to be the top priority as a club our size needs to be able to churn out top youths to keep it going ,but in the short time clawing the lost fans back will prove difficult as we would need to show these fans that the club is moving forwards with ambition ,and thats something i cannot see atm ,our people incharge dont have the clout to make that happen by the looks of things .

They don’t have the clout or the marketing technique for a club at this level. Their silence is deafening, it’s no wonder fans are dropping off at an alarming rate.

I was talking about the slump to another Queens fan who I hadn't seen for a while. The subject of the Dundee games came up and I said that was a very fine starting 11 we put out in Dundee . Todd was linking up very well with Marshall , Low pulling the strings in midfield with Dobbie deadly in front of goal. But there you have it as how often have we been able to put out our strongest team because of a lack of depth of quality ? Our finances are now strangling us
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 17-03-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)