+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoyable Game

Enjoyable Game

.... until the last 10mins. Thought we were much better but didn’t put the chances away and couldn’t keep the ball.

A good fighting team. I’d have kept same team on all 90.
    Deserved a point

Best we've played since Fulham but am gutted about the last 10 minutes. I hope we can use the performance to boost confidence. Brown wore himself out and Halme played well I thought. Wilks was desperate to score. We just need to get the ball to the right person in he box.

Plenty of positives to take from the game today even though I'm extremely disappointed to lose the game .

Stendel decided to take them on which was a gutsy move given their quality , Stendel always wants the 3 points but there is various means of attaining that and today he set us up to take some risks and play very open , it could easily have paid off with the amount of chances created .

A rush of blood from Thiam cost us the game , totally unnecessary foul to give away and it wasn't as though he was tired either , the daft git had only just come on .

You pay a high price for recklessness at this level and so it proved .

Not sure what the penalty was given for and neither did the Leeds players given there was hardly an appeal from them .

Wilkes had a good game although his decision making lets him down , Thomas had a tap in lad , quit the greedy approach ... please .

Defensively we rode our luck at times but so did Leeds , how Halme's header stayed out in the second half I just don't know .

Disappointing most certainly but enough to be encouraged by .

Cracking end to end derby game .

Entertaining end to end game. Booath sides couldn't tek clear cut chances.

In my opinion Leeds were the better footballing side but we kept trying. Could ev been 2-4 befoaar the last ten minutes. All in all Leeds deserved the win and go top as we sink into the relegation zone. A few positives but this season will be hard work despite our "significant upgrade" of player quality and the "best transfer window in our history".

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Entertaining end to end game. Booath sides couldn't tek clear cut chances.

In my opinion Leeds were the better footballing side but we kept trying. Could ev been 2-4 befoaar the last ten minutes. All in all Leeds deserved the win and go top as we sink into the relegation zone. A few positives but this season will be hard work despite our "significant upgrade" of player quality and the "best transfer window in our history".
    We badly needed to score first today and unfortunately we just didn't have the composure to do so .

Scoring first obviously gives these young lads a huge confidence surge and more opportunity to counter as the opposition push forward seeking an equalier .

Wilks chance provided the perfect opportunity at that stage of the game and he ballsed it up on a couple of levels .

Going to be tough but we have to keep ourselves in touch with those just above us and hope these lads improve and learn on the job .

Couldn't say how it will pan out in all honesty but Stendel's attacking approach may prove to be the factor rather than sitting back and giving teams too much respect .

Entertaining game - felt sorry for Malik cos he created a chance from being direct, quick & strong. Hamlet & Sibbick looked really good in their positions. Disappointed at the resul but we created good chances whereas recently we’ve looked poor in the last 3rd creating very little
    Proud of them today

I must have been at a different game ?

He set up with a team who,would fight in a Derby. Hence Bähre out, Skillful, yet not a fighter. He will get the Champoinship and Play to win....Id rather do that than go down like a damp squib. , amd he showed today by Playing Jordan Wiilliams , (who will hate Leeds) that he chooses players who will fight, Shame about the last ten, never a penalty. And the scum booing off their side at half time showed we had done our jobs well.
    Great fans Leeds, booed their players at half time, deathly silent for 70 minutes, then fought with Stewards when they go in front amd win! Strange bunch of brain dead idiots.
    EFL will have their hands over their eyes as usual, looking in the opposite direction, as this always do with Leeds, and Millwall, amd in some perverse reverse thinking will blame us as a club, and fine us for failing to control supporters in our ground.
    Three rows at the front, and two squares either corner obviously not enough. Next time I’d give them the bare minimum..
    Charlton fans made twice as much more noise, and behaved well in town and in the ground....
    Great game to watch, would have had no complaints at a draw, ref let loads go, and I think it was a great match for the neutral. I certainly enjoyed it. Up to their goal. ( no complaints for the first.
    I don’t agree with SB that they deserved to win. We had as many chances as them,( including their goals ), and could have won it too.
    Their fans silence for most of the first amd second half told us that they were surprised how well we were playing.....

Green shoots........ ( think I posted summat similar last season at this time.....).
    A thousand percent better than the Luton game........
    We are off.

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    Entertaining game - felt sorry for Malik cos he created a chance from being direct, quick & strong. Hamlet & Sibbick looked really good in their positions. Disappointed at the resul but we created good chances whereas recently we’ve looked poor in the last 3rd creating very little
    Proud of them today
    Sibbick easily MOM , some good and bad today , deserved a point at least , on other matters ? 4pm when we got out out of Ponty road car park , disgusting the way home fans are treated . And that superstar Beth is a reyt ★★★★, nasty piece ovwork , they catered for away fans , ballax to the home fans , this will all reacurr when the MASSIVES VISIT ,
    They don't deserve support , look after your own first ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast