+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rumour ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    You know, I think you try too hard to justify your points when put under scrutiny. For a moment , think to yourself that you are saying Durrant would be a failure as a boss because Rangers failed to win the Challenge Cup or automatic promotion when he was in charge of the reserves ( 95 % of the time). Utter nonsense and almost like you are dragging up the rare defeats rangers had in the last 4 years to give your point credence.
    I'll concede that you are a trier, JRS. You do try to defend the indefensible: not all that well, but you do try. After Rangers were allowed re-entry into the SPFL 2 (as it now is) and after their promotion to the SPFL 1 they were the only full-time team in part-time leagues with individual players earning more than the entire squads of some of their opponents. I say it again: with the financial advantage Rangers enjoyed over all of their rivals in the lower leagues Mickey Mouse as manager could have won these leagues and while Rangers did win these two leagues relatively comfortably most neutral observers were of the opinion that they did so much less impressively than their massive financial advantage should have enabled them to do - and that that was down to the coaching staff. Durrant was certainly the first team coach for some of that time but was demoted by Rangers to reserve team coach and then sacked. It is a reasonable conclusion that Rangers first demoted him and ultimately dispensed with his services because they (Rangers FC ) concluded that his performance as a coach was not good enough. I am not quite sure what is your argument for considering him as a manager/coach. It would seem to be founded on his having been a very good player and on his having served under some so called good managers: or is it more founded on his having played for Rangers? However, football is littered with personnel who have failed as managers despite either having been good, very good or even outstanding players or having played for Rangers.

I stand by what I have already posted: I would not wish Queens to appoint as manager any one of Ian Durrant, Barry Ferguson, Ally McCoist or Kenny McDowell - and, for the record, that has absolutely nothing to do with their association with Glasgow Rangers.

That is your opinion Cresswell, and regardless of how well you have constructed your argument, others - like JR are very much entitled to theirs.

By the same token, just because Ian Durrant and Ally McCoist 'failed' at Rangers does not mean that they couldn't do a job for Queen of the South, - or anyone else for that matter. Personally, I think Ally McCoist was used at a scapegoat at Ibrox, - and that is a disgrace for a player who was a club legend........................and no I don't have a soft spot for Rangers or the other Glasgow giant.

I do wholeheartedly agree with you however that (with the budget that was provided by Rangers in the lowest leagues in Scotland) Dougie the Doonhamer could have topped the pile as their manager!

Queens need a trusted manager in place at Palmerston, - one who has been through the mill and managed to come out on the other side, - and in many ways Cresswell, that sort of life experience is arguably what you are asking for anyway? The players need someone who can understand what they are going through, - nurse them through the tough times, but kick their arses when required! Sadly, Gavin Skelton had all the enthusiasm of Mickey Mouse, but he didn't have the life experience to pull him through when times got hard, - but hopefully he will recover and go on to greater things.

Ally McCoist has been through the mill and dragged backwards as well, and I reckon that he would do a fantastic job at Palmerston - IF he wanted to come. So, I'm the polar opposite of you, I'd grab him with both hands and ask him to revolutionise the way the players train.

Sadly, I cannot see Mr McCoist coming, but if he were to venture this way, - you would see 500 on the gate immediately and a way out of the gloom that has descended upon the club as we head into the dark days of winter.

Jardi, I agree wholeheartedly that each and every contributor has the right freely to express his opinions here whether I agree with these opinions or not. What I find abhorrent, however, is when other contributors attack the messenger not the message. You have expressed your opinion on Ally McCoist. You are if favour of having him at Palmerston whereas I think he was useful to Rangers only for his PR when the club was reformed after going into liquidation but that he failed, and failed miserably, as a manager (which I think is the more widely held view of most neutral observers). I doubt that I shall be able to convince you that you are wrong just as you won't convince me that I am wrong. That's life.

Cresswell's arguments seem to be based on 'his' fact that NO team that has more resources, more support, more money and therefore better players should EVER , EVER be beaten by a smaller one. Thank god football isn't played like that or we would know the score before the match starts.

Cresswell's arguments seem to be based on 'his' fact that NO team that has more resources, more support, more money and therefore better players should EVER , EVER be beaten by a smaller one. Thank god football isn't played like that or we would know the score before the match starts.
    If I shared Cresswell's opinions then I would never set foot in Palmerston again. Fortunately I do not and will always fully back Queens and maintain the dream of some day well you just never know. Cresswell will be telling us that there is no Santa Claus next- seasons greetings Auld Yin

popped onto bet vicktor last night and noticed dobbie had moved to 2/1 fav ,then i had another look today and noticed all the bookies have removed next queens manager ,cant help to wonder dobbie going 2/1 fav last night then manager betting removed ,has mr dobbie been appointed .

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    If I shared Cresswell's opinions then I would never set foot in Palmerston again. Fortunately I do not and will always fully back Queens and maintain the dream of some day well you just never know. Cresswell will be telling us that there is no Santa Claus next- seasons greetings Auld Yin
    Most of us love the club and will until we take our last breath. Football is an escape from the real busy things that keep you occupied in your life. His grim sense of reality may well be accurate but I am going to pass on it and just dream that one day we might just do something. Surely he could understand that but I don't hold out much hope .

Oddschecker have not got a list now, either. Must be some announcement imminent.

I originally heard Barry Smith would be the new boss so will find out soon enough if accurate.

I originally heard Barry Smith would be the new boss so will find out soon enough if accurate.
    We'll find out soon enough, no doubt.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)