+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is not an I tol you so"

This is not an I tol you so"

But I'm pleased that it sounds as if Ryan Yates is a good prospect for you this season.

P.S. sticky keys. The heading should be

This is not an "I told you so"
    Last edited by Redrag; 12-08-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quality mate. And of course , "our Jorge" collects the points

Based on what we saw this afternoon, they'll both do us a lot of good this season. Have you got any more good'uns we can borrow before the transfer window closes?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Based on what we saw this afternoon, they'll both do us a lot of good this season. Have you got any more good'uns we can borrow before the transfer window closes?
    Ha, we've got a number of good prospects but that doesn't mean you can have them all. Tyler Walker needs game time, Anel Ahmedhodzic and Toby Edser are also needing to make the step up, then there's Gerry McDonagh and maybe Elvis Otim to mention a few.

Who are your prospects at the moment? You have a pretty good record with some of your academy lads, don't you?

We did have in the 70s through to the 90s, but over the last decade or more its been terrible. Besides Kelvin Wilson we had a couple of players that was snatched from us before they even made in to 18. Leon Best David McGoldrick.

Quote Originally Posted by UN520 View Post
    We did have in the 70s through to the 90s, but over the last decade or more its been terrible. Besides Kelvin Wilson we had a couple of players that was snatched from us before they even made in to 18. Leon Best David McGoldrick.
    Jermaine Pennant you had as well, didn't you. It's maddening when some of these youngsters get their heads turned and go somewhere like the Chelsea academy where they never fulfill their potential or get into the team. I noticed that you don't have a team between the under 18s and first team. That looks like a problem, it's a big step up to make.

With hindsight, imagine if it was three or four years ago and you had manage to loan Ollie Burke.