+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: League Cup group A.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sorry but good luck trying to get fellow Arabs excited by that opinion Ram.
    My late Mother used to say.....'Pay heed to the small things in life and the big things will take care of themself.' The Shabs should've pursued such a course at the beginning of last season. If we're slack with the Fizzy then don't be surprised if that attitude carries over to other more serious matters.

I must confess though, I'd much rather that Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician returned to posting on this board than we got sprayed with Irn Bru as part of cup winning celebrations next season!

Couldn’t care less than Dundee are in it next season but my opinion is you should go out to win every game.

Our mentality in both league cup and irn bru last season was an absolute disgrace and set the tone for the league campaign meaning our hopes of automatic promotion were all but gone by October.

This season go out to win every game. Rest players where necessary against lower ranked teams in cups but play to win every time you step on the park to represent this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Couldn’t care less than Dundee are in it next season but my opinion is you should go out to win every game.

Our mentality in both league cup and irn bru last season was an absolute disgrace and set the tone for the league campaign meaning our hopes of automatic promotion were all but gone by October.

This season go out to win every game. Rest players where necessary against lower ranked teams in cups but play to win every time you step on the park to represent this club.

Sound advice. Do this and in the words of Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician....'we will p*** this league!'

That is what happened Chick.

It was still an excuse, it's part of pre season but also competitive and better than friendlies, we had no problem getting out the groups the previous the seasons with 10 and 11 pts respectively under McKinnon

He had assembled a poor side overall and couldn't get them playing, simple, he was a failure and failed his entire tenure apart from the first couple month when Fyvie and Fraser carried us/him

Irn bru cup should just be used for first teamers needing game time and host guys.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It was still an excuse, it's part of pre season but also competitive and better than friendlies, we had no problem getting out the groups the previous the seasons with 10 and 11 pts respectively under McKinnon
    Excuses come after the fact, not before you set out on the campaign with the friendly mindset! Monumental funk up that set us up for the 3-2 reversal on the opening day!

Does anyone think Robbie will arrange many friendlies before the league cup campaign starts? I'm not so sure.

Does anyone think Robbie will arrange many friendlies before the league cup campaign starts? I'm not so sure.
    They’ve already been announced. Away to East Fife, Brechin and Dumbarton. Reckon there will only be 1 more max.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    They’ve already been announced. Away to East Fife, Brechin and Dumbarton. Reckon there will only be 1 more max.
    Saw that on the official. Underwhelming really, thought we'd be testing ourselves v higher standard opposition, no disrespect intended. I was hoping for maybe a wee tour or base in northern England playing the likes of Blackpool, Carlisle, similar.

Seems the days of glamour home pre season friendlies are gone

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Saw that on the official. Underwhelming really, thought we'd be testing ourselves v higher standard opposition, no disrespect intended. I was hoping for maybe a wee tour or base in northern England playing the likes of Blackpool, Carlisle, similar.

Seems the days of glamour home pre season friendlies are gone
    Pre season friendlies since we've been doon have been utter gash. Before that I'd been to Leeds, Hull, Dublin, Arnhem(well Driel actually)and Berlin. Now it's Dumfknbarton.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Pre season friendlies since we've been doon have been utter gash. Before that I'd been to Leeds, Hull, Dublin, Arnhem(well Driel actually)and Berlin. Now it's Dumfknbarton.
    Even Coventry and Wigan were great. Mind Fyvie warming up in front of the United fans at Wigan and laughing as he was getting stick. The Coventry fans are probably still trying to work out "you've only got one shoe"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)