+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHS Digital - National Data Opt-Out

NHS Digital - National Data Opt-Out

The most significant data grab in the history of the National Health Service is only weeks away!

NHS DIGITAL will centralise records from the entire GP medical history of every patient in England into a single database from the 1st of July....patient data can then be shared with researchers or sold to commercial third parties .

Unless - you Opt Out

If you have concerns about your Private Medical history being collected - then fill out the form BEFORE the June 23rd Deadline

https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/manage-your-choice/

https://digital.nhs.uk/about-nhs-dig...l-data-opt-out

I have to wonder whether this current cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins led by a blonde-haired, grinning, smirking, clueless clown, could find a way to sell our souls to the devil himself?

Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have to wonder whether this current cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins led by a blonde-haired, grinning, smirking, clueless clown, could find a way to sell our souls to the devil himself?

Probably.
    Here we go he’s hero to Zero again BT in less than a week

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Here we go he’s hero to Zero again BT in less than a week
    Blow Job will never be a hero to me army88, he cannot be trusted.

Cheers Norder, I downloaded opt out forms for me and Mrs S a couple of days ago, and was going to mention it on here, but you did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Blow Job will never be a hero to me army88, he cannot be trusted.
    Isn’t that all of them BT.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Cheers Norder, I downloaded opt out forms for me and Mrs S a couple of days ago, and was going to mention it on here, but you did it for me.
    Cheers Sinkov...might've known you'd be onto it

....get that letter to the local practice - for their records, and...do the online opt-out for NHS digital.

https://medconfidential.org/how-to-opt-out/
    https://medconfidential.org/wp-conte...out_letter.pdf

I wonder why they demand the form either be posted or e-mailed, I could drop the forms off easily enough, but no, I have to put them in an envelope, put a stamp on it, address it, and then pop it into a post box just 25 yards from the Health Centre. Are they hoping some forms will be lost in the post ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I wonder why they demand the form either be posted or e-mailed, I could drop the forms off easily enough, but no, I have to put them in an envelope, put a stamp on it, address it, and then pop it into a post box just 25 yards from the Health Centre. Are they hoping some forms will be lost in the post ?

didn't know about that - Sinkov.....ours were handed to the receptionist, no problem ?

NHS hit by legal threat over GP data ‘grab’

The UK government is being threatened with legal action if it does not pause plans to collate the full medical histories of 55m patients in England into a single database from July 1.

In a pre-action letter sent on Friday on behalf of five organisations and Conservative MP David Davis, the campaigners warned that “rushing this major change through with no transparency or debate violates patient trust, and that doing so without patient consent is unlawful”.

Last week, NHS Digital, which runs the health service’s IT systems, confirmed the plan to pool medical records from every patient in England who is registered with a GP clinic into a single database that will be available to academic and commercial third parties for research and planning purposes.

Patients have until June 23 to opt out by filling in a form and taking it to their GP for themselves, and their children, before their historical records become a permanent and irreversible part of the new data set. Patients who opt out after the deadline can stop future data from being funnelled into the new system.

If NHS Digital does not extend the opt-out deadline of June 23, the coalition, which includes the National Pensioners Convention and the Doctors’ Association UK, plans to sue the Department of Health and Social Care as soon as next week, to freeze the data-sharing scheme immediately.

The group, which is supported by tech justice non-profit organisation Foxglove, said that the speed of the process “gives patients no meaningful chance to opt out and excludes older people and others who may not be online”.

It also says that any given consent will have meaning only if the government is clear on which third parties will have access to the data, and for what purposes.

“GPs were barely informed of this major change — how are patients expected to know about it? [We] support safe, consensual uses of patient data, including for health research. But we want to see it done in a way that . . . won’t erode the relationship between clinician and doctor,” said Dr Rosie Shire, a GP at Doctors’ Association UK.

“Patients need to give informed consent to their data being used. We can’t see why the government won’t do this in a less rushed and more transparent way.”

https://www.ft.com/content/a13225c8-...6-a0e26829bc7b

An extract from the official opt-out form Norder,

"You can use this form to:
    • register a Type 1 Opt-out, for yourself or for a dependent (if you are the parent or legal guardian of the patient) (to Opt-out)
    • withdraw an existing Type 1 Opt-out, for yourself or a dependent (if you are the parent or legal guardian of the patient) if you have changed your preference (Opt-in)
    This decision will not affect individual care and you can change your choice at any time, using this form. This form, once completed, should be sent to your GP practice by email or post."

Although if I hand it in to Reception as you have done, I can't imagine they'd refuse to take it off me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)