+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T isn't retirement brill?

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Sounds brilliant, no more taping 'Homes under the hammer'.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    As long as any reduction is means tested and the poor don't lose out then fair enough.
    Understand where you’re coming from but would be simply too expensive to administer as a cost-cutting exercise this would just apply across the board. Right or wrong the business case for that has already been accepted as understand it - not if, just when...

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Understand where you’re coming from but would be simply too expensive to administer as a cost-cutting exercise this would just apply across the board. Right or wrong the business case for that has already been accepted as understand it - not if, just when...

Means testing doesn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    I've just seen it too often now where the Uk, French or any other country introduce something only for the other European states to follow suit within a short period of time. France is making all school kids pay for the school bus every morning from the summer where as before it was just the household that paid. Free train journies for my kid to get too and from school iis going as well. It could be a coincidence.

I guess Sillymiller's proposal to do away with concessions for pensioners will find no favour with these threadsters then?

Retirement not gonna happen for me. Was unlucky enough to fall in love with Mrs Pup at age 40. She's a Londoner so moved to take out London mortgage at £££ per brick on 30 year basis at age 42! So working til 72 which let's face it, in education I ain't gonna last that long!

See yuz on the other side
    Last edited by ragingpup; 25-04-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Adventure before dementia would be my suggestion.

I,m not there yet.....I mean retirement not dementia

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Means testing doesn’t work.
    You'll be supporting labour policy of blanket free education for all then?

Welcome aboard Gristy. Knew you'd get there! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You'll be supporting labour policy of blanket free education for all then?

Welcome aboard Gristy. Knew you'd get there! ;-)
    I support a lot of Labour ideas, but none thought up by the dinosaur Corbyn

Btw where did education come into this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I guess Sillymiller's proposal to do away with concessions for pensioners will find no favour with these threadsters then?
    A guaranteed vote loser, in these times of tight majorities I cannot see any party having any great desire to carry it through.

Beware the power of the silver haired voter.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast