+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ugly side of Women's football...

The ugly side of Women's football...

There you have it guys, the women are actually worse than us!

I have only seen such petulance and blatant disregard for the spirit of the beautiful game when Uruguay's men got knocked out of the 1966 World Cup by England.

The Cameroon "Ladies" displayed more knowledge of the dark arts than Joey Barton ever had.

Witnessing the dark side of women's football yesterday was really quite shocking to see and PLEASE no-one ever tell me again that women footballers don't cheat, foul and always play really nicely, not like us horrible men..!

Attachment 13009

Quite right BT that was pretty grim last night. You have to give credit for the Lionesses keeping their cool while all around was going bonkers. Nice one Phil Neville telling it like it is in the the post-match interview. Too many times managers don't say what they really feel. He didn't hold back. The referee should have taken control, she was very poor. I think overall VAR has done a good job so far but it was obvious from the petulant display by the Cameroons team when the goal was ruled offside by VAR that they need to brush up on their knowledge of the rules. Should they be banned from the next World Cup? I think so. This stuff shouldn't be tolerated.

One last thing BT, where do you think those women learned all the nasty tricks from? Watching the men of course!!!
    Couldn't resist that one.

Alerted to the shenanigans by a report on Sky Sports News, I switched over for the last half hour, only to find I'd missed most of the fun. It was the first time I'd watched one of these games and I came to the conclusion I wasn't missing much, the standard of the football was poor, the refereee was shocking and the aftermatch coverage from the BBC was lamentable, Sky and even BT Sport are light years ahead of them. On the positive side the attitude shown by the English girls was commendable, they kept it together remarkably well in the circumstances, good luck to them.

An elbow in the mush, a gob full of spit, blatant pushing of the referee, in the referees face at every controversial decision, refusing to restart the game, the on field captain screaming at an English lass who had been physically assaulted. My god it was like turning out for Woodnook Villa! My vision of women playing the beautiful game has evaporated forever!

The Lionesses played the indomitable Lionesses and it really separated the women from the girls. Cameroon were shocking and their WFA should be hit with a fine and a warning that if their behaviour does not improve they will be banned from international competition. How did their No 7 get away with that intimidation after the stamp on Houghton? Phil Neville was spot on in his post match interview to say that was not football as we know it. Rightly he was proud of the fact that the team refused to rise to the blatant provocation. Good luck in the last eight v Norway. I still don’t see any other winner than the USA however.

Woodnook Villa BT, that name rings a bell from my Accy days, although I never played against them. The one I remember is playing against the Stork lads in the old Burnley Combination, we knew it was going to be fun when we saw their strip, one keepers jersey that had seen better days, 8 sleeveless t-shirts and two lads in string-vests, the Old Etonians they were not. I don't think their strip met the regulations, but the ref didn't seem inclined to argue the point with them, which was probably as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Woodnook Villa BT, that name rings a bell from my Accy days, although I never played against them. The one I remember is playing against the Stork lads in the old Burnley Combination, we knew it was going to be fun when we saw their strip, one keepers jersey that had seen better days, 8 sleeveless t-shirts and two lads in string-vests, the Old Etonians they were not. I don't think their strip met the regulations, but the ref didn't seem inclined to argue the point with them, which was probably as well.
    The modus operandi with Woodnook Villa sinkov was, "kick first, ask questions later" and " the man can go past, the ball can go past but definitely not together"! I had three seasons with then, my God it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Witnessing the dark side of women's football yesterday was really quite shocking to see and PLEASE no-one ever tell me again that women footballers don't cheat, foul and always play really nicely.....
    think it perhaps because....we're dealing with a different sort of "woMan" - BT ?

It was laughable how they couldn't accept the correct VAR decisions that went against them. there were even accusations of racism leveled at FIFA during half time seemingly, I thought they were going to down tools and walk when our 2nd goal was given by VAR after it was flagged offside by the on field assistant.

What can you expect from a team full of jungle bunnies.. Scone and cream teas.. . .?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)