+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - East Midlands Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by stewb View Post
    It’s £2 for only a 5 minute drop off and £1 for every minute after!,
    It gets better! Truly dreadful.

Simple answer is, don't use it.

Customers rights

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I haven’t used EMA for a few years now... it’s a horrible airport with despotic regulations and charges.

I’d sooner drive to Manchester, Birmingham or Stanstead.... or even better Robin Hood (the best)
    Come on now, Stansted?!?! East mids is awful but Stansted takes the biscuit in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Come on now, Stansted?!?! East mids is awful but Stansted takes the biscuit in every way.
    Agree with that.
    Stansted has been doing the money rip off for ages.

If Alan Hardy ran airports .. they would be like this

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats...forces-2970488

Holidaymakers have abandoned cars and walked more than a mile in the rain to East Midlands Airport as Download congestion brings traffic to a standstill.

A taxi driver spotted around 30 people dragging suitcases along the A453 on Wednesday afternoon (June 12) at 12.45pm.

Not their fault? It's never his fault either. In fairness, he could probably give them a lift to the airport faster than a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by stewb View Post
    It’s £2 for only a 5 minute drop off and £1 for every minute after!,
    It must have gone up this last few weeks then because it was £2 for 10 minutes in May, robbing gits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Holidaymakers have abandoned cars and walked more than a mile in the rain to East Midlands Airport as Download congestion brings traffic to a standstill.

A taxi driver spotted around 30 people dragging suitcases along the A453 on Wednesday afternoon (June 12) at 12.45pm.

Not their fault? It's never his fault either. In fairness, he could probably give them a lift to the airport faster than a taxi.
    Truest aweful. Download and the Airport between them should do something, like paying for proper traffic marshalling. We lost a flight and two days of our holiday about 5 years ago. Same scenario, heavy rain, Download, no proper traffic management.

On the subject of choice of airport, all the UK airports are aweful. Spain knows how to do airports. Love Malaga. Clean, bright, spacious.

I dropped my wife off yesterday morning. Absolute chaos and impossible to get through in 5 minutes. However the exit barriers were raised and car park attendants were taking £2 payments. For once common sense prevailed.
    Any additional income should be spent on improving passport control which is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

I hope none of those taxi drivers were relatively local.
    There's a very simple way of avoiding the A453 - if I knew it was Download weekend I'd avoid it like I avoid watching the BBC.

From the North.

J24A takes you into the A50 Stoke.
    After a quarter of a mile come off at J1 and come through Castle Donington village. Ten minutes max.

From the South or West.

J24 has an exit to the A50. Same again.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    I hope none of those taxi drivers were relatively local.
    There's a very simple way of avoiding the A453 - if I knew it was Download weekend I'd avoid it like I avoid watching the BBC.

From the North.

J24A takes you into the A50 Stoke.
    After a quarter of a mile come off at J1 and come through Castle Donington village. Ten minutes max.

From the South or West.

J24 has an exit to the A50. Same again.
    How do you get into the airport without going on the A453, whichever direction you've come from?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast