+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    I'd say it's probably the hardest sport full stop.

Are you a partaker of any sport Newcy?

Quote Originally Posted by Winstan of Accrington View Post
    Are you a partaker of any sport Newcy?
    No pal.
    I do the odd cycling, played football at a pub level 20 odd years ago, boxed a bit in my ****s.
    Play tennis with the kids now.

Unfortunately that's about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    No pal.
    I do the odd cycling, played football at a pub level 20 odd years ago, boxed a bit in my ****s.
    Play tennis with the kids now.

Unfortunately that's about it.....
    That sounds enough. How old are you may i ask?

The hardest endurance sport is cycling. I'll be back later to reply to all those who disagree.
    Nice to see a new believer on here! There are quite a few who need to be converted but we will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Nice to see a new believer on here! There are quite a few who need to be converted but we will get there.
    I do like the TdF(especially the mountain stages)and other road cycling on tv,but i much prefer being out on my bike. Two broken hips last year has knocked me back a bit though.

I do like the TdF(especially the mountain stages)and other road cycling on tv,but i much prefer being out on my bike. Two broken hips last year has knocked me back a bit though.
    Welcome to the "Broken hip" club. I broke mine at the beginning of May and signaled The end of my cycling "career".
    I had a very bad crash two years ago....collar bone 7 ribs and a punctured lung...so with the latest accident I decided that at my age I don't want anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Welcome to the "Broken hip" club. I broke mine at the beginning of May and signaled The end of my cycling "career".
    I had a very bad crash two years ago....collar bone 7 ribs and a punctured lung...so with the latest accident I decided that at my age I don't want anymore!
    I had my first break when another cyclist from my club fell over onto me and gave me a hairline fracture. Then when i was out two months later trying to get back into shape i skidded on the ice and broke the same hip but this time a complete snap. It's made me very wary about cycling now. I'm thinking about going out on a ride this morning but i always have that doubt/worry before i set off. Not only that but i lost my job because i couldn't work for months. The cycling club's attitude was one of "It was an accident,get over it" but most of them are retired and on good pensions where i was self employed. Last year i was heading towards 10000 miles for the year. This year i'll probably have done 2000 so far.

I saw the tour of Britain ride through my town 2 years ago. 90 seconds and it was over. We went home then came back 3 hours later to watch them ride back the other way. The build up to the peloton arriving is fun but it all falls flat once they've passed. No i wouldn't pay to watch it either.

Is this the Winney from years back?
    If so welcome home

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    Is this the Winney from years back?
    If so welcome home
    It is, Tricky. I saw your post on here back in January when Accy lost at your place,asking if i was looking in. I was. I wanted to reply but couldn't remember my password. That's why i've had to set up a new account.
    It must be about 5 years since we last spoke. I was posting on ***** England for 4 years but that went tits up as they say. Do you ever get posts from Jilted Jock or Alf the Burnley fan? I'd like to speak to them again but i don't know where/if they post.
    Last edited by Winstan of Accrington; 22-07-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast