+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A positivel!

Football is a very simple game made difficult by people who have reached their English coaching badges taught from a failed coaching manual by failed coaches. Proof is there that before all these coaching manuals you had the 3 successful English managers, Ramsey, Clough and Fagen the last English managers to win anything .We could all take the course but how are you going to tell the likes of TC or George Best how to play football .You dont you get one to keep his weight down and the other make sure he gets to the game on time.In my opinion is about motivation and having positive players who are not frightened to make a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Where does this idea come from that only fellow professionals can offer criticism, or offer an opinion? It's ridiculous. I can only assume that people who promulgate this idea never criticise anything outside of their own professional sphere.
    Just as long as the Wags don’t put their spoke in.

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.ph...-wilder.65532/

Who was it who said opinions are like rissoles? Was it the bloke who owns Whitby’s?

Brighton have a defender Ostigard, is that the end of their interest in JOC ?.

hope so then he can get back to earning his crust with us his minds been elswhere in these 2 games imo

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Brighton have a defender Ostigard, is that the end of their interest in JOC ?.
    He’s only 18 and will join their development squad, so I don’t think it’ll have any bearing on the JOC situation unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    We’ve had crap starts to the last two seasons and were around the bottom of the table after the first 3 or 4 games.

We ended up having outstanding and good seasons respectively.

Oh, and some fan’s thought it was Wilder that couldn’t hack it on both occasions.

Dunt tek much for some to turn does it?
    Only just read this but very well said Gray.

chris in a way is a victim of his own success hes raised expectations too high after a great first season for us back in the championship therefore wanting to bring players in that are out of our reach if we finish mid table again this season it will have been a good season were competing with teams who have loads more financial clout than us i know his 2 team selections havent been right but im sure he will turn it round for us utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    chris in a way is a victim of his own success hes raised expectations too high after a great first season for us back in the championship therefore wanting to bring players in that are out of our reach if we finish mid table again this season it will have been a good season were competing with teams who have loads more financial clout than us i know his 2 team selections havent been right but im sure he will turn it round for us utb ftp
    I agree mate, this window we’ve gone from not having a pot to pee in to having a good budget and a big wedge of the Brooks money to spend back to not having a pot to pee in so to speak. Signing Egan and then supposedly being in for so many good players raised expectations way beyond what we seem to be experiencing.

If we’d sat back and thought about it, we were never going to get any of the players mentioned simply because our pay scale isn’t high enough, but collectively, I think that we (in general anyway) bought into the new era dawning dream of slugging it out with other clubs with £millions on the table because it’s what we wanted to hear. We sell a good player but Chris gets to reinvest a chunk of it on top quality. Like I said, if we’d thought about it, what with agents and what other clubs will pay, it was never really on. We need to look for a few gems elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Its the level of expertise that people give themselves CD. I'm sure that CW knows many more times what anyone on forums knows about successfully managing a team, and (as much as people will baulk at the idea), Kev McCabe knows many times more about successfully running a club.

Amateurs can see the outcome, but don't always appreciate the effort, knowledge and subtleties of how the outcome came about, and the complexities therein. We know we've had a bad outcome last night, and we can all criticise it, just as we will all have an opinion about what caused it, and how we put it right, and that's fine.

Of course, its human nature, and peoples expectations are that it will always be a good outcome whether its restaurants, hotels, or football clubs. We will always know how stuff should be done, all without knowing the first thing about how to do it, or having to take the responsibility of actually making it work in real life. Inevitably, there are always people who go beyond having an opinion and develop an unshakable belief that they are right, often with very little foundation....
    Can't argue with that FKB............wise words..........what do you do for a living?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast